Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guarantors for loans

Options
  • 04-03-2014 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Wha'ts the story with this? my brother in law a well to do person is standing for me, but i was refused because he is not a blood relative?  so much for the bank that likes to help students

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Hi zombie nation,[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us on boards.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]As with all lending, including student lending the decision to allow a guarantor is decided on a case by case basis and is at the discretion of the bank. It is not a specific requirement that the guarantor be a relative however certain criteria will apply, therefore, we would ask that you contact your account holding branch directly where a representative will be happy to discuss this further with you.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Should you require contact details for your branch please see here.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif][/font]
    [font=Arial", "sans-serif]If we can assist with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Paula C[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 zombie nation

Hi

The local student branch officer, has bent over backwards for me trying to get my loan, but the underwriter seems to say that it has to be blood relative? can you confirm please.
    Cheers  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Zombie nation,

As mentioned above all lending applications are reviewed on a case by case basis therefore, as we are not aware of the specifics of your application we cannot comment further. In this instance we would suggest you contact an advisor in your branch who can query this with our underwriting department for you.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jobest

Hi, i am 18, a medical student seeking for a loan. I'm here all by myself...from africa, my family is back there while i'm here, getting a guarantor is difficult. I am under a scholarship scheme and is sure to repay the loan. But i cant get a guarantor as i know no one. Please who is willing to help..My bills are at stake. I even barely eat. I need help please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi jobest, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

As all lending applications are seen on a case by case basis it would be best for you to speak with a representative of our lending team. You can call them directly on 0818 200 334 alternatively, you can call your account holding branch who will be happy to arrange an appointment for you with a lending advisor. 

Our Lending team will be more than happy to review your situation and provide you with the best financial advice to assist you with furthering your medical education.

Thanks, 
    Elaine

• Advertisement
Advertisement