Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gallops in Kildare?

Options
  • 04-03-2014 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Apart from Abbeyfield Farm & Dunbyrne Stud - does anyone know of anywhere that you can hire out decent gallops for a spin? Must have a decent surface though & not too deep.

Contact details etc would be great! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

What type of horses do want the gallops for? Race horses/point-to-pointers? To get horses fit for hunter trials/eventing, etc? Or just for a ride out? Some will cater only for the former, while others have specific times for non race horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

Sorry yes I should have said - just for a leisure ride out really, getting some fitness in for HT & just to get out of the arena for a blow out of the cobwebs since cant get XC cause the ground is too wet everywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

This place might suit. It's got a woodchip surface: http://www.p2p.ie/directory.php?lstaction=showadvert&directory_page_id=61%29

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

Thank you! Good price too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

color_girl wrote: »
    Thank you! Good price too :)

That's a great gallops. Des is good craic too, if you can tango, you might get half price ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I am pretty sure hawthorn farm used to have a gallops as well - am not sure if they still do as I havent been there in a long time but might be worth checking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

HRMONY COTTAGE in Carbury has a gallops

Advertisement