Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnesses sought for traffic accident

Options
  • 04-03-2014 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi folks, A friends car was crushed by a reversing waste disposal truck on Monday the 6th of January at 9.30am. It happened in St. Bridgits place ( top of hidden valley) near the rear entrance to County buildings.

There was a big traffic jam prior to the accident as two lorries got themselves into a tangle at a narrow junction.

We would particularly like to appeal to any council staff that might regularly use this road at that time.

Please help a man to verify the truth of what happened as he was naive on the day and misplaced his trust in others who have since changed their tune.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

There may be cctv on the truck itself; I had an incident with a white and green waste truck last year where the driver was at pains to show me how many cameras he had running (it still didn't stop him taking me off my bike with the tailswing after he passed me).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Fey! wrote: »
    There may be cctv on the truck itself; I had an incident with a white and green waste truck last year where the driver was at pains to show me how many cameras he had running (it still didn't stop him taking me off my bike with the tailswing after he passed me).

If the truck was the culprit and the driver has changed the story i'd be fairly confident that any on board footage has now been wiped otherwise the footage would be admissible as proof of non negligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

I am delighted to report that one giant of a man has come forward. We are very thankful.

Please spread the word to anyone who might use that bit of road regularly on their morning commute.

Advertisement