Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old rad price

Options
  • 04-03-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Want to sell old rads to scrap merchant but not sure how much to I should expect to get for them . About 20rads all big sizes aprox five or six foot. Anyone have any idea how much I should expect to get ...don't want to get ripped off

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

cant imagine there is much of a market with high output rads being available.

we just got rid of ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

cant imagine there is much of a market with high output rads being available.
    He is talking about scrap metal prices. I would first check adverts and see.

Some scrap men will pick it up for free. The price you might get might not be worth the hassle of organising the trip to the scrap yard, while these lads will have a suitable van etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Ring up and ask how much their paying per tonne beforehand , and ask if there is a minimum weight you have to supply to get paid. Easier then haggling with a scrap merchant when the stuff is off loaded. I don't have a clue what the current metal price is unfortunately.
    That is your dropping it to the scrap yard yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

I would expect the price will be the cost of them coming to pick them up off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭893bet

20 rads (assuming their singles) prob weight around half a tonne (double that if they are double rads). The half tone is prob worth about 80 quid so if some one is going to have to collect it then you will be lucky to get 40 quid off em.

Advertisement