Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical work price guide

Options
  • 04-03-2014 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Does anyone have a rough guide to pricing electrical installation work and how much to charge for certifying the work or where I could find this out??
    I have a price I use for fault finding work and small jobs but my pricing bigger jobs is all over the place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Assuming that you have an reasonable hourly charge out rate and you sell on the materials at RRSP ( keeping the trade discount as a margin for yourself ) So the only area that could to be causing a problem is your ability to correctly estimate the amount of time involved in the job being quoted and or the bill of materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 robinod180

Assuming that you have an reasonable hourly charge out rate and you sell on the materials at RRSP ( keeping the trade discount as a margin for yourself ) So the only area that could to be causing a problem is your ability to correctly estimate the amount of time involved in the job being quoted and or the bill of materials.

I have the reasonable hourly charge and I always use the trade discount as my markup on sale of materials so your correct by saying I have the problem with the correct time estimation in my quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

robinod180 wrote: »
    I have the reasonable hourly charge and I always use the trade discount as my markup on sale of materials so your correct by saying I have the problem with the correct time estimation in my quotes.

OK, so you either incorrectly estimate the standard time required for a set of tasks or your are unable to perform them within the alloted/estimated time. You have not given enough information to establish which is the case!

Are you too cheap or too expensive? or is it simply a matter that you dont have enough knowledge to estimate jobs correctly, in which case there is little to be learned on here other than to advise you to get some more training/education in this specific area

Advertisement