Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway doubles in price for UK

Options
  • 04-03-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

I sell items online and send about 10 parcels with Fastway per week this morning the driver came to collect parcels with the pre paid UK labels i bought and refused to take them because he said the parcel needs to labels. A uk label costs me €8 which i have paid for and have another twenty of. Now they want two labels per parcel so to send a small A3 size parcel it will cost €16. has anyone had this problem.

I know i can use An post but i found fastway useful as they would collect and i could have them pre done as i work during the day and cant get to the post office.

any advice would be great. I am going to ring around to hopefully get better quotes from Nightline DPD etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

€16 seems like a lower rated than there standard price now. On the website they are quoting €16.50+VAT for 10+ a week and €27.50+VAT for less. I don't send many to the UK but normally just book via http://www.parcel2go.com/ie/ normally works out a lot cheaper than going direct to the courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ctbfashion

they could have let their customers know their was an increase coming instead of refusing them and leaving a note about the increase. now I am a day behind for my estimated deliveries its just disappointing. doubling the cost is probably a way of deterring customers from using thee Uk service.

I must look into parcel2go can you buy tokens or do you have to make an individual booking for each parcel. might be very time consuming.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

ctbfashion wrote: »
    they could have let their customers know their was an increase coming instead of refusing them and leaving a note about the increase. now I am a day behind for my estimated deliveries its just disappointing. doubling the cost is probably a way of deterring customers from using thee Uk service.

I must look into parcel2go can you buy tokens or do you have to make an individual booking for each parcel. might be very time consuming.

Thanks

I think its done booking by booking I stumbled across them when I was moving from London to Dublin I got 10 10kg boxes from there to here for £100 with UPS couldn't believe it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

we find An Post Courier significantly cheaper for both Ireland and UK parcel deliveries!!

hi,

i must look into it the An post courier service. How do you work it do you have to go the post office or can you buy them in batches.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

we have an account and they pick up every day from our factory.

Thanks I must look into it but I would imagine my quantities will be to low for their service.

Advertisement