Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal or Not ?

Options
  • 04-03-2014 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

When I run Task Manager, under Processes, Google Chrome 32bit is listed 10 times ?
    Is this normal ??
    Its using both CPU and Memory ?

What are the consequences of deleting 9 of them and letting just one remain ?

Thanks

Jay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Yes it's normal, each tab on Chrome runs in its own process (as well as the rendering engine, plugins and active extensions)

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Yeah that's normal. Google chrome splits itself up. A bit might run your favorites bar, one for each tab open or hell even addons. The consequences of deleting 9 of them is that you have no idea which one does what.

I won't go in to what it means by memory but long story short it's normal.

See the below picture, that's my task manager at the minute with 4 tabs and an addon or two. It differs from pc to pc.
    Capture.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.
    relief !!!!

Thanks

Jay.

Advertisement