Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place for Brunch on a Sunday

Options
  • 04-03-2014 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi all.
    I'm bringing my mum up to Dublin to a show in a few weeks and want to go somewhere nice for brunch on the Sunday morning. Looking for somewhere city center ish, though she wants to go the the flea market that's on in Newmarket Square (?) so well be heading in that general direction ish.

Any recommendations are much appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Odessa is nice and fancy. Mams love Odessa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Finches in ronanstown !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

+1 for Odessa(ask for the lounge bar not the resteraunt)
    White friar grill - You will need to book this
    I hear Fumbally are good and near Newmarket Square (i think) but i've never been

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Herb Street at Grand Canal Dock, great brunch place and even better on a sunny day there.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Thanks for all the suggestions I'll have an ole googley-woogley and talk to the Mammy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Was in Herb Street a few weeks ago. Delicious!

chris85 wrote: »
    Herb Street at Grand Canal Dock, great brunch place and even better on a sunny day there.

I went once and the queue outside for a table was huge, so i left. They don't take bookings.
    Is such a queue normal? What's the best time to go to avoid that?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Bibi's and Lennox Cafe are both nice and both fairly short walks to Newmarket. Both get very busy though. Fumbally is closer but is closed on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

+1 for whitefriar grill. Odessa is also beautiful And is alot more chilled that whitefriar but food is not as good IMHO. Odessa menu is simpler though and still excellant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Whitefriar Grill is the best but it's always packed so you'd have to book for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Noshington is very nice, there can be queues though.

EyeSight wrote: »
    I went once and the queue outside for a table was huge, so i left. They don't take bookings.
    Is such a queue normal? What's the best time to go to avoid that?

Been a few times and busy place so queues can happen. I guess if they took bookings they would end up with empty tables held for people and too busy to allow this. There is a good deal of tables so would imagine queue moves at good pace. However I didn't keep an eye on this so unsure.

Interested in trying whitefriars. Had a lovely meal there a few months back. Just remembering their brunch menu looked good and must goback. Will add to my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Caliden wrote: »
    Was in Herb Street a few weeks ago. Delicious!

+1 for Herb St, quite pricey (I say this as a student) but very, very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Nosh everytime! Amazing food and great staff. Eggs benedict is stunning!

Been a few times and busy place so queues can happen. I guess if they took bookings they would end up with empty tables held for people and too busy to allow this. There is a good deal of tables so would imagine queue moves at good pace. However I didn't keep an eye on this so unsure.

Interested in trying whitefriars. Had a lovely meal there a few months back. Just remembering their brunch menu looked good and must goback. Will add to my list.

I guess it's fair enough but i just don't want to risk a wait in the cold.

Definitely recommend white friar but unless you go at 11am you will need a booking. They ask you to leave after 1.5 hours(although they won't hound you unless they actually need the table) so be aware of that. If you can afford the steak eggs Benedict then get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

+1 for Odessa(ask for the lounge bar not the resteraunt)
    White friar grill - You will need to book this
    I hear Fumbally are good and near Newmarket Square (i think) but i've never been

Fumbally is closed sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Noshington is very nice, there can be queues though.

I liked the ambiance in Noshington but the sausage and rasher was overcooked

I guess it's fair enough but i just don't want to risk a wait in the cold.

Definitely recommend white friar but unless you go at 11am you will need a booking. They ask you to leave after 1.5 hours(although they won't hound you unless they actually need the table) so be aware of that. If you can afford the steak eggs Benedict then get it!

Must try here in the next few weeks I hope. Eggs benedict will need to be tried out.

I was impressed that they have a €22 3 course menu from Sunday-Thursday all night. Menu looks decent. Meaning to get back here too.

There is a lot of good value to be had for good restaurants these days. Much more affordable than the tiger days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,734 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I would recommend Eden Bar & Grill on South William Street - it has an excellent brunch menu.

Advertisement