Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

money transfer

Options
  • 04-03-2014 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

i want to transfer money to a uk bank account can it be done from an irish one and if i was to send a few hundred how much would it cost me too do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi crookes1,

Thanks for your post.

A UK account can be added as a SEPA payee online which will enable you to make a transfer in Euros, after the payee has been activated with a security code. If you wish to make the payment in Sterling, the payee details will need to be added as an International payee. 

As the UK is within the EU, the only charge applicable would be the 20c automated transaction fee.

We have video demos on how to add a payee which can be viewed here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 24 crookes1

thanks tara so if i was to send between 500 and 600 to sterling from euro how much should i send to get that includin charges if any?

Hi crookes1,

On the International transfer screen you can use the currency converter to help you with this. There is no charge from our side to transfer to the UK, other than the 20c fee mentioned above. There may be a charge from the receiving bank's side. Your payee will need to check this with their bank.

Thanks
    Tara

im trying to transfer 730 euro to sterling to a payee ive just added it would not let me send the amount i want to need to know whats going on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi crookes1,

We're sorry to hear this. Once there are sufficient cleared funds in your account and the payee is fully activated you should be able to make this transfer. Can we ask you to check a few things first?

If you are trying to make the transfer in Euro, then please ensure the payee was added as a 'SEPA' transfer. If you have added it as an international (non SEPA) payee you may only be able to transfer in the local currency of Sterling. Finally, please ensure you are not inputting in any extra symbols like the euro or the sterling currency sign in front of the amount you wish to send as this can cause 'error' notifications when transferring.

If after this, you are still unable to make the transfer, please call our dedicated Bank of Ireland 365 team on 0818 365 365 or 00353 1404 4000, where a representative will be happy to look into this further for you.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Advertisement

it says when sending the amount is greater than the funds available in my account please try a lesser amount but i don't want to do that shall i ring the support team on this?

Hi crookes1,

Your balance must be greater than the amount you wish to transfer to allow you to complete this request. If this is not the case you will need to make a lodgement to the account before you request the transfer.

If your balance is showing as greater than your transfer request amount then there may be a recent lodgement that may not have cleared as of yet. If this is the case then please call Bank of Ireland 365 and a representative will be happy to confirm what this lodgement may be.

Thanks,
    Elaine  

the amount on my account has enough in it to transfer what i want to send?

Hi crookes1,

Thanks for clarifying that. As we previously mentioned a credit or lodgement to your account may be waiting to clear. To query this further please call Bank of Ireland 365 directly on 0818 365 365 / 00353 1404 4000 and a representative will offer further assistance on this matter.

Thanks again,
    Elaine

i was charged a fiver for sending money i was told it would be 20 cent not 5 euro was this the correct charge for this?

• Advertisement

Hi crookes1,

As mentioned, there is no charge from Bank of Ireland to send Euro or Sterling to the UK via 365 Online. The only charge this type of transfer is subject to is the 20c automated transaction fee, which is applied with your quarterly fees. For more information on this please see here.

We would suggest contacting BOI365 and a representative will be more than happy to clarify what the €5 transaction relates to. They can be contacted by sending an Ask a Question from Online Service Desk or calling 0818 365 365 (00353 1 4044000 from outside Ireland).

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement