Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I use my ATM card on Holidays

Options
  • 04-03-2014 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello all at BOI,

I am sixteen years of age ( seventeen in November ) & am going on Holidays to Spain in July this year.
    I have a Second Level Student Current Account with BOI along with an ATM Card. The question I wanted to ask is can I use my current ATM Card to withdraw money while I'm abroad ? If not can you please tell me what the process is for applying for an ATM card that will allow me to access my account / money while I'm away.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi K2theB03, 

Thanks for your post. 

An ATM card on a second Level Student Account will not work outside Ireland. 

It may be possible to apply for a Visa Debit card. The best thing to do is to call your branch and speak with a Student Advisor. A full list of branch contact numbers can be found here

I hope this helps and enjoy your holiday. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 4 K2theB03

Hi Billy,

Thanks for your response.

I will contact my local branch & set up an appointment to speak with the Student Advisor.

Advertisement