Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Ireland 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Dylan McGrath on Marian Finnucane now.

Boo Hissssssssssss!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭finix

don't like that Dylan fella, Too cutting !

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

The contestants are a bit poor though.

Cosmo2013 wrote: »
    Agree !

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

The standard has completely dropped on this show. I cant imagine what the rejects were like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

He's a bit too cruel. He's embracing the format of a reality tv competition where he has to play the bad guy. It's cliche at this stage and I'm sure there are better ways of criticising what the contestants have cooked.

He's a bit too cruel. He's embracing the format of a reality tv competition where he has to play the bad guy. It's cliche at this stage and I'm sure there are better ways of criticising what the contestants have cooked.
    Not even tasting a dish is so very rude !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I thought filming the killing of a live lobster was inappropriate for this show. Also, the woman, who did the deed, showed by her reactions, that she was badly up to the task. Bad choice, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Cosmo2013 wrote: »

I'm expecting somebody to serve up Beans on Toast next week.

That woman, from Kerry, who had chosen all of her own flavors, is lucky to be still there. Sounded horrible to me, what she had planned on putting together. No wonder the judges were not impressed. Actually IMO, she should have gone instead of the Englishman. At least he had said he was there to learn, which is more than can be said for her, far as I could see.

Harry Angstrom said:
    I'm expecting somebody to serve up Beans on Toast next week.

I would say Yes to that, if is was being shown live, but as it has been recorded moths ago, the present contestants would not have known what they were in for.

• Advertisement

I'm like a broken record - but Dylan is SO RUDE to the contestants.

Can't believe that for the second time in three rounds he hasn't even had the manners to taste a contestant's dish.

I fear for this week's contestants in the professional kitchens......

You have a point, HeidiHeidi. it does come across as rude that Dylan refuses to taste some dishes. It's disrespectful, IMO. He could at least pick on a bit of lettuce or something.

Eyepatch wrote: »
    You have a point, HeidiHeidi. it does come across as rude that Dylan refuses to taste some dishes. It's disrespectful, IMO. He could at least pick on a bit of lettuce or something.

He's just so condescending, like it's beneath him to even have to be dealing with trash like that (the food, not the contestants).

He's actually making me quite angry this time around, I think I feel the start of a missive to the producers coming on, telling them to cop themselves on. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    ... I think I feel the start of a missive to the producers coming on...
    "Hey, Dylan, this missive complains that you are dismissive."

Nobody watching tonight???

Just catching up on my recording (got distracted by a Grand Designs on some 4 channel!), can't believe not a comment yet.

As I said before, I fear for them tonight......

ETA - as I typed the above, I hear "I never realised how hard peeling carrots could be" :eek::eek:

I watched it (the first one I saw live this season). Depressing stuff. Car-crashes all round.

:mad::mad::mad:

Dylan propped up against the set, laughing and bitching about the Army guy like a teenager. "I'd love to go over and shake him.... God love him, cos he really is trying..... his little glasses are steamed up, the sweat's lashing out of him"

Who the fúck does he think he is???

Ah here..... "sometimes, just keep it completely simple" :confused::confused::confused:

He'd have been laughed (or abused) out of the kitchen if he'd started off with a simple dish.

Double standards or what???

"The vegetables could have been better"?

What does that even mean?

Care to be more vague, perhaps :confused:

You've gotta love Darina's cheerfulness in the face of complete disaster!

• Advertisement

This really was the week of the safe home cook. I think that I could have been competitive in that field. Except that there is no way I could survive in a professional kitchen - that bit would scare me, whereas cooking for Dylan and Nick would not.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    You've gotta love Darina's cheerfulness in the face of complete disaster!

I feel distinctly uncomfortable with what you call "cheerfulness", HH. Seems "off" to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

This series is just all over the shop. Contestants trying far too hard, being thrown straight into a pro kitchen, come back from that and are told they need to be simple as opposed to coming back and learning something and improving. One lad last week was arranging salad on a plate in a restaurant for his stint, this week they were cooking, its just a mess and the two judges are complete ar$eholes, too cool for school, bitchy comments, smugness, arrogance etc etc. Complete shambles compared to the UK or even the Aussie one which is the polar opposite as its way too friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Does anyone know if Dylan & Nick view the episodes before they are aired? Are they aware before-hand how they are shown and would they be okay with how they are perceived?

Nick - always comes across as very amiable, a lovely chap.
    Dylan - saw one glimpse of decency when he went to comfort that chef who ended up in tears; but then other times coming across as pure ignorant in not even trying a dish (not like he would get food-poisoning, just not the dish he was expecting).

Interesting how they are coming across with the editing and just wondering if they approve the show before-hand or have any say in it?!

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Gawd, last night's must have been particularly awful if there wasn't a single post about it!

Or maybe it was just particularly mediocre, awful usually attacts the posts :D

Just settling down to catch up on yesterday's.

"Irrelevant" is clearly Dylans' word for the day.

It's like the British Isles United Nations this week!

There's a whole world of difference between this week and last week's car crash. Thank goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

"It eats not bad"

lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Acedia.

I was disappointed to see Stephanie sent home. She was way better than some who got through in previous weeks.

I have a bit of an issue with them giving that guy such a hard time about his seasoning - surely that's a matter of taste, how can they be expected to know how the two boys like their food :confused:

Similarly with yer man's rare pork - he got kudos for that while Dylan admitted that half the country would send it back.

It's all a bit of a lottery tbh.

The two who got sent home both went because of seasoning - compare that to the two who got through last week :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Some of the heats are waaaaay stronger than others, maybe we need a 'wildcard' system because as HeidiHeidi points out above, if the two who were sent home tonight had been up against the contestants of last week, they'd be sailing towards the final now.

Advertisement