Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Ireland 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Roasted oatmeal ice cream sounds GORGEOUS!

I say again.... **** off Dylan :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭rebelgourmet

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Roasted oatmeal ice cream sounds GORGEOUS!

this was what I really meant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Rebelgourmet, when they were critiquing your dish, all I could think was shove over and let me have a taste.

I do like coddle, but I think its more of a comfort food, it will never look good, great with some crusty bread. I did like what she did with the tripe, (another dish from my childhood).

The deconstructed stew, it's a pity he did not call it something else.

The tea and tart title made me laugh, it looked good though, not quite what I was expecting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I say again.... **** off Dylan :mad:

"Once they started cooking is when we ran into problems" Oh gosh! :o

I admire everyone who enters a competition like this and openly displays their ability and talent. To have the necessary passion to enter Materchef Ireland is wonderful so full credit to all!

@Boardsie: Love me Apple Crumble, always made especially for me as child by my Mom as guaranteed only dessert I'd enjoy and I'd happily eat your apple crumble so I would :)

Well Done to Final-8,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Very disappointing - all of this deconstruction. How is that supposed to represent Irish cooking.

The best part of this episode was that two ladies got the day off!

As I watched, a memory came back to me of something my mother used to cook for us children - and that was chicken necks in stew! Delicious - and very nutritious!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

2 episodes tonight, with a helping of fair city in between.

Correction - with (half) an episode of Masterchef UK in between :D

Well, lets see if the miseryguts (plural) have cheered up a bit this evening :D

Oh, Dylan, knock yourself out :mad:

At least the visiting chef has a bit of manners about him.

• Advertisement

Good man Charlie!!!

Dylan praising it through gritted teeth :D

(I'll stop with the Dylan-bitching now).

Oooh, well done Rebel!

Please tell me the editing was dodgy there, and that he wasn't slating your dish, RG??? Diana and Niamh streets ahead by this point, hard to see either of them going out before a final.

On a completely, totally, irrelevant note - were you all asked to wear one-colour tops for that episode? The bright, plain colours caught my eye - reminds me of the time I was on a game/quiz show years ago and we were told to wear certain plain colours only.

Anyway, that's me off to MCUK for a bit of light and cheer - I'll catch up on episode 2 of doom'n'gloom later :D

Please tell me the editing was dodgy there, and that he wasn't slating your dish, RG??? Diana and Niamh streets ahead by this point, hard to see either of them going out before a final.

On a completely, totally, irrelevant note - were you all asked to wear one-colour tops for that episode? The bright, plain colours caught my eye - reminds me of the time I was on a game/quiz show years ago and we were told to wear certain plain colours only.

Anyway, that's me off to MCUK for a bit of light and cheer - I'll catch up on episode 2 of doom'n'gloom later :D

RE Slice editing of me? Find out at 8:30?

RE Clothes, yes we had a VERY strict set of restrictions regarding colour, patterns etc...

For how long/when was the show recorded?
    Was it very time consuming?
    Would you have to give up your job to take part?

Glidin' on through there, Rebel :D

Well done, your dish looked really scrummy!

Addle wrote: »
    For how long/when was the show recorded?
    Was it very time consuming?
    Would you have to give up your job to take part?

How long, I couldn't say for sure ;-)
    Time consuming? You have to be available 100% for the duration of filming.
    Do you have to give up your job? Not if you have a nice boss, I had a nice boss ;-)

Where was it filmed this time? I know in the past they've used Clancy Barracks and the old Players Factory, and somewhere down the south docks (I think) - did they find yet another site to use this time or was it one of the old ones?

Where was it filmed this time? I know in the past they've used Clancy Barracks and the old Players Factory, and somewhere down the south docks (I think) - did they find yet another site to use this time or was it one of the old ones?

Still in the JP factory Heidi

Do you have to give up your job? Not if you have a nice boss, I had a nice boss ;-)

It's a big commitment so for those in full time employment and with families.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Michellexxx85

My friend has agreed to di the invention test challenge and has chosen sweet, I'm stuck for what ingredients to get her, help!? Lol

• Advertisement

Cliff House restaurant has just shot to the top of my must-try list.

Probably not when that lot are cooking though....... (am only at the halfway point so may be doing them a disservice - it looks like proper HELL :eek:)

CAN YOU STOP SHAKING, MARK

Yeah, like that'll help his nerves :rolleyes:

Jayz, they really brought in ringers of diners that day!

Was that chef REALLY that obnoxious, or is that just clever editing :confused:

Oooh-errrr..... high praised indeed there Rebel!!!

Well done you, sir!

(thought you were going to blub there for a minute :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Any head chef I have worked with has been psychotic so I'd say it's not editing at all.

I'd believe what we saw sums the day up.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Any head chef I have worked with has been psychotic so I'd say it's not editing at all.

I'd believe what we saw sums the day up.

Why would ya do it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Thought he looked a bit like Johnny Logan :P

The GRIN on Rebel's face when it was announced they were going to cook in Patrick Guilbaud's was priceless :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I'm not sure if I like that format of sending the contestants straight into a restaurant every week. Would much rather see them given some interesting tests to challenge their creativity. Maybe having Mr Gilbaud come in and give a master class, which they had to replicate - all doing the same dish would be give a better idea as to who comes out on top. As it was, last night, they all did equally well with different dishes.

As with most TV programs of this kind, I suspect, there's an element of "I'll scratch your back, if you scratch mine!", as regards the involvement of restaurants on a weekly basis. Gets boring in the end, no matter how fantastic the restaurant might be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

There was a great piss-take of Masterchef Ireland on Callan's Kicks on Radio One last Friday evening. Well worth a listen.

Advertisement