Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handiest way to get from Aviva to Heuston?

Options
  • 04-03-2014 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

After match Saturday, game will be over at 4:10....... My train leaves to Kilkenny at 5.30

Is the handiest thing to get the Dart from the Aviva to Tara St and then get a taxi to Heuston?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lostsoul21

Dart will be pretty full after game. I would suggest walking to either Donnybrook or Leeson Street and getting a 145 bus straight to Heuston

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

tcooley wrote: »
    After match Saturday, game will be over at 4:10....... My train leaves to Kilkenny at 5.30

Is the handiest thing to get the Dart from the Aviva to Tara St and then get a taxi to Heuston?

Cheers.

I would say, get the Dart to Connolly and then the Luas to Heuston

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ARCD

Cheers.

DART to Connolly, then Luas from Connolly to Heuston would be cheaper and wouldnt be much difference time-wise

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

that's a very tight timeframe, even getting out of the ground will take time

another option is to walk to Merrion square and get a 25,66 or 67 to Hueston

tbh if I was relying on getting that train I'd be thinking a taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tcooley

Cheers guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Just thinking about the tight time frame. Maybe a taxi would be a good option alright, there might be the possibility to share the cab with others who might head over to Heuston as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Cheers guys.

If you are thinking of DART, check if Lansdowne Rd station will be open. It is often closed around match times

• Registered Users Posts: 17,734 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There is a later train at 18:35 from Heuston to Kilkenny - this would be a better option.

Lansdowne Road DART station is open directly after the match with queuing systems in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

First Up wrote: »
    If you are thinking of DART, check if Lansdowne Rd station will be open. It is often closed around match times

It's never closed on match days, Grand Canal Dock station is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Leave the game early and get yourself a taxi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Holsten wrote: »
    Leave the game early and get yourself a taxi.

Travel up only to leave early? No way. Get the later train. Enjoy the full game and atmosphere with a celebratory pint after as the crowds clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tcooley

Need to be down there for 7! Would prefer to get the 18.30 train alright.

I'll chance the bus from Merrion Sq I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

It's never closed on match days, Grand Canal Dock station is though.

It used to be the other way round but I've not needed to use it for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

lostsoul21 wrote: »
    Dart will be pretty full after game. I would suggest walking to Donnybrook and getting a 145 bus straight to Heuston
    (edited) - by far the best option, DARTS will be saturated and besides it's a 15 minute ramble up to Ballsbridge beside the river Dodder and Anglesea Road to the Stillorgan Road and the 145 Bus straight to Heuston Stn.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

I would walk from Aviva to Luas outside the O2, 15-20 mins walk, 20 mins to Heuston

Advertisement