Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service down since Feb 14th - level of Customer Support infuriating

Options
  • 04-03-2014 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Like many others my phone line (and hence internet) has been down since Feb 13th. I reported the fault on Feb 14th and the automated response said it should be resolved in five working days.

Obviously this was optimistic, and it wasn't resolved then but when I got through to Customer Support/Faults I was assured that it would be fixed in 10 working days (Feb 28th)

When this didn't happen I contacted Customer Support/Faults again to be told that someone would phone me within 24 hours to let me know when this would be resolved (please note I talked to at least four people over the course of a very frustrating half hour before I got to this point). Nobody called

I then called again today and, after the traditional ping-pong between Customer Support and Faults, I was told that no-one could tell me when my fault will be resolved, though the current wait time is 19 days. I then went to my last resort and made a complaint after a long rigamarole I eventually managed to log a complaint only for the real crowning glory of my morning to occur - 'your complaint will take between 5 and 10 working days to process'

Thats when I hung up.

I can work from home and I had arranged child-care etc. based on being told that my fault would be resolved on the 28th Feb. It is incredibly frustrating that no-one in the whole of the Eircom organization can tell me when my fault will be fixed.

My fault reference is 12146335 Can anyone here please help and let me know when I can resume my normal service or will I have to go looking at wireless options?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

foxborough wrote: »
    Like many others my phone line (and hence internet) has been down since Feb 13th. I reported the fault on Feb 14th and the automated response said it should be resolved in five working days.

Obviously this was optimistic, and it wasn't resolved then but when I got through to Customer Support/Faults I was assured that it would be fixed in 10 working days (Feb 28th)

When this didn't happen I contacted Customer Support/Faults again to be told that someone would phone me within 24 hours to let me know when this would be resolved (please note I talked to at least four people over the course of a very frustrating half hour before I got to this point). Nobody called

I then called again today and, after the traditional ping-pong between Customer Support and Faults, I was told that no-one could tell me when my fault will be resolved, though the current wait time is 19 days. I then went to my last resort and made a complaint after a long rigamarole I eventually managed to log a complaint only for the real crowning glory of my morning to occur - 'your complaint will take between 5 and 10 working days to process'

Thats when I hung up.

I can work from home and I had arranged child-care etc. based on being told that my fault would be resolved on the 28th Feb. It is incredibly frustrating that no-one in the whole of the Eircom organization can tell me when my fault will be fixed.

My fault reference is 12146335 Can anyone here please help and let me know when I can resume my normal service or will I have to go looking at wireless options?

Hi foxborough

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you have had in trying to get a resolution timeframe.  

I'm sorry to say that due to the high number of faults on the network we are unable to offer a timeframe and I apologise for this and you should have been informed of this from the start.

I have noticed more notes were added to your case ref yesterday and the agent you were speaking to also assigned priority to your case.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 20 foxborough

....and yet 20 days (and counting) after logging the fault, it is still not fixed.

Can you recommend any good wireless providers in my area as that is going to have to be my next step. This disruption is costing me money as I can no longer work from home, driving up my childcare costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

....and yet 20 days (and counting) after logging the fault, it is still not fixed.

Can you recommend any good wireless providers in my area as that is going to have to be my next step. This disruption is costing me money as I can no longer work from home, driving up my childcare costs.
    Hi foxborough

I'm very sorry to hear of the inconvenience this is causing however I'm unable to offer information on other providers.

Thanks

Al

Hi foxborough

I'm very sorry to hear of the inconvenience this is causing however I'm unable to offer information on other providers.

Thanks

Al
    This is still ongoing. It's an absolute disgrace that this is still ongoing without even so much as an update from Eircom.

I phoned Faults (again) last Friday and the operator said that they would phone me back. I asked him his name and explained that the last time an operator told me that they would phone back that they didn't. He assured me that he would phone back within two hours. Not surprisingly....he didn't and I have still to hear back. 

I work in an organization that has a Customer support component and if we treated our customers this shoddily we would be out of business within a very short time frame.

I am going to make another complaint about this but, given that I have heard nothing back from my original complaint which I made almost two weeks ago, I won't hold my breath about anything actually being done.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

Totally agree with you on the complete lack of customer support, the lies about being called back and complaints being ignored. This seems to be standard practice.

I found that I finally got a response from the complaints e-mail address - ccm@eircom.ie - but the phone calls were just ignored. But be warned - by response, I mean that I got a reply saying "sorry", not that anything was actually resolved or escalated.

• Advertisement

Although I shouldn't be surprised at this stage, it happened again. I rang faults again. this time I was quite irate and the operator promised me that he was going to escalate this in order for me to get a call back from someone who could tell me what was going on. I was promised a call by the end of the day.

Obviously, given how utterly disinterested Eircom are in actually providing Customer Support, I didn't get the call back.

Three times I have been promised, in fact guaranteed, that I would be called by someone who could provide an update, and three times I have not been called back.

This is an absolute disgrace.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, I still have heard nothing about a complaint I logged 15 days ago, even though I was told it would be dealt with within 5 to 10 working days

Advertisement