Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Transport from Donabate to Airside Retail Park

Options
  • 04-03-2014 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, hoping for a little help here... I'll be getting the train into Donabate and need to get from there to Airside Retail park, whats the handiest way to do this and how long will it take?

I'm thinking of getting the 33b from Donabate train station into main street in swords and then walking it. How long would this take do you reckon? Plus I'm concerned that it may be very hard/dangerous to cross the road at the roundabout at the travelodge. I suppose I could also get another bus rather than walk from main street swords but I'm wondering if with the waiting etc I'd be quicker walking.

Would this journey from Donabate to airside be a pain to do frequently or handy enough?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Best option is 33b to Swords Main Street and then 33, 41, 41b or 41c to Airside.

The 41/b/c operate every 10 minutes.

Use a Dublin Bus Travel 90 10 journey ticket which costs €27.50 - fare will be €2.75 from Donabate to Airside.

The ticket allows 90 minutes travel after you board the first bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

Hi guys, hoping for a little help here... I'll be getting the train into Donabate and need to get from there to Airside Retail park, whats the handiest way to do this and how long will it take?

I'm thinking of getting the 33b from Donabate train station into main street in swords and then walking it. How long would this take do you reckon? Plus I'm concerned that it may be very hard/dangerous to cross the road at the roundabout at the travelodge. I suppose I could also get another bus rather than walk from main street swords but I'm wondering if with the waiting etc I'd be quicker walking.

Would this journey from Donabate to airside be a pain to do frequently or handy enough?

Thanks for any help.

Can you get the train to Malahide ? Then get the 102 bus. It doesn't go to airside but it is probably more frequent than the donabate bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

lxflyer wrote: »
    Best option is 33b to Swords Main Street and then 33, 41, 41b or 41c to Airside.

The 41/b/c operate every 10 minutes.

Use a Dublin Bus Travel 90 10 journey ticket which costs €27.50 - fare will be €2.75 from Donabate to Airside.

The ticket allows 90 minutes travel after you board the first bus.

Thanks for that, how long the journey you advise take? Handy that the bus is every ten mins or so, had visions of waiting a half hour

You can plan a few trips using:

Google maps:
    Right click your mouse over where you want to go from, select "get directions from here", then right click over where you are going to and select "get directions to here".

Enter a time/date on the panel on the left and click on the bus icon and trip options will appear.

National Journey Planner:
    This is at www.a-b.ie, and there is an app for smartphones too.

I would allow 35-40 minutes.

Ideally you want to take a 33, 41, 41a or 41b between Swords and Airside as they do not take a tour of River Valley en route, which the 41c does.

Allow some wriggle room from Airside to Swords given that the 33b is at best every 30 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rainbow Kitty

The 41b is very infrequent, only a handful each day and as far as i know there only used to be one 41a towards town at about 7.40am each day. Your best option when you get to main street is to get either a 41, 41c or a 33, whichever comes first, they all go past airside and only take about 5-10 mins to get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its about 10 minutes walk from swords village up to airside, not far at all.

The 41b is very infrequent, only a handful each day and as far as i know there only used to be one 41a towards town at about 7.40am each day. Your best option when you get to main street is to get either a 41, 41c or a 33, whichever comes first, they all go past airside and only take about 5-10 mins to get there.

I'm including the 41a and 41b for completeness, lest the OP let them
    pass them by.

They're both valid options and may be running when the OP is travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Run.

You were born to.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Where are you travelling from OP, to be honest going via Donabate train station seems like a terribly awkward way to make the journey. Better options include IMO:

Bus Eireann route 101 if you're coming from Drogheda/Balbriggan
    Train to Malahide + Dublin Bus route 102 + 10 min walk if you're coming from Skerries
    Dublin Bus route 33 if you're coming from Rush/Lusk
    Dublin Bus route 41/41a/41b/41c/43/33 if you're coming from the City Center

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    Where are you travelling from OP, to be honest going via Donabate train station seems like a terribly awkward way to make the journey. Better options include IMO:

Bus Eireann route 101 if you're coming from Drogheda/Balbriggan
    Train to Malahide + Dublin Bus route 102 + 10 min walk if you're coming from Skerries
    Dublin Bus route 33 if you're coming from Rush/Lusk
    Dublin Bus route 41/41a/41b/41c/43/33 if you're coming from the City Center

Yeah its a pain, I'm coming from Drogheda area, but I need to go to Donabate first unfortunately.... otherwise I'd just get the 101

I need to learn how to drive lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

cloud493 wrote: »
    Its about 10 minutes walk from swords village up to airside, not far at all.

It's not a bad walk, unless it's raining.

Kumsheen wrote: »
    It's not a bad walk, unless it's raining.
    Whats crossing the dual carriageway like at the travel-lodge? (I dont know how busy or dangerous the road does be)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Whats crossing the dual carriageway like at the travel-lodge? (I dont know how busy or dangerous the road does be)

Its fine, not that hard :)

cloud493 wrote: »
    Its fine, not that hard :)

Can you tell I'm from a rural area lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Can you tell I'm from a rural area lol

Another option is get the 101 from Drogheda, get off around Great Gas Station at Turvey, walk to Donabate (could take a half hour) and from Donabate then you have the option of a 33b to swords, and from swords you can just get the 101 back out to Drog...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Another option is get the 101 from Drogheda, get off around Great Gas Station at Turvey, walk to Donabate (could take a half hour) and from Donabate then you have the option of a 33b to swords, and from swords you can just get the 101 back out to Drog...
    Yes thats a good option, (cheaper too) am I right in saying that there is either a footpath or a hard shoulder most of the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

Yes thats a good option, (cheaper too) am I right in saying that there is either a footpath or a hard shoulder most of the way?

You'd be nuts to take on that walk!
    There is neither footpath nor hard shoulder for pretty much all of Turvey Avenue

Not to get into your business. But Drogheda to Malahide by train+ bus to Swords seem the best option. Must you get off in Donabate each time?

Shane Fitz wrote: »
    You'd be nuts to take on that walk!
    There is neither footpath nor hard shoulder for pretty much all of Turvey Avenue

Not to get into your business. But Drogheda to Malahide by train+ bus to Swords seem the best option. Must you get off in Donabate each time?
    Yeah unfortunately, have to deliver stuff in Donabate (regretting agreeing to do this now).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

If you don't mind getting up early the 4.50am 33 bus from Balbriggan to the City Centre goes via Donabate and would pass near Airside.

(Not that practical I suppose unless you're delivering milk to Donabate!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement