Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube (Modded)

Options
  • 04-03-2014 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

I've decided to sell on my Gamecube. It has a ViperGC shell on it, which allows the use of full sized dvd-r's, & it also has a Xeno-GC mod chip installed, meaning it plays imports & all the usual mod chip type stuff.

It comes with a pad & psu, no rf/video lead however but they're readily available. One slight other thing, the eject button has to be pressed down on pretty hard for it to open...not exactly sure why that is, maybe a drop of WD40 or something would fix it but I just thought I'd mention it.

Also, when you fit a mod chip to a Gamecube you usually have to adjust the laser potentiometer slightly to increase power, so it reads burned media. I've done this already on this Gamecube, but I've gone easy on it to prolong the life of the laser, so loading times are a second or two longer than normal. You can adjust it up a tad more if you want, it's very easy to do.

Based in or near the Dublin 10 area
    Price - €80

2hh0g1v.jpg

hrxb1t.jpg

dngegl.jpg

23upljs.jpg

*pics used are ones from another GC I sold before, it's identical in every way though to this one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I just filed down the little holder bit on my viper case and the button works perfect now.
    I think I got my modded GameCube from you as well, still works perfectly by the way :0)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    I just filed down the little holder bit on my viper case and the button works perfect now.
    I think I got my modded GameCube from you as well, still works perfectly by the way :0)

Yep I sold that one to you, cheers for the button tip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Is this originally a PAL console, I remember trying to find out if 480p through a component cable could be forced on a modded pal console. I think the option is present in ntsc as standard but was removed on pal machines:(

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Is this originally a PAL console, I remember trying to find out if 480p through a component cable could be forced on a modded pal console. I think the option is present in ntsc as standard but was removed on pal machines:(

It's a PAL console indeed, though with the modchip you can force boot the video mode you want
    Force NTSC display mode - Press X button during disc load.
    Force PAL display mode - Press Y button during disc load.

http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=XenoGC#.5BX.2FY_button.5D_Force_NTSC.2FPAL_display_mode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I think I will take it, you will have to wait till Friday though. Steve cleaned me out:o

• Advertisement

No problemo, it's yours :) Private message en route

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

Hey man,

just wondering where did you get the case for it?

planning on modding my gamecube if i can and would like to replace the case also.

AL.

found online after trawling through sites

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement