Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity cut off

Options
  • 04-03-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Having a problem with my electricity supplier. Arrived today to find out that my electric supply had been cut off. Rang the supplier (Energia)
    They told me that I was behind on payments and I had to pay them 3800E to be reconnected.
    The reason we were late was that we pay by Cheque and I hadnt received an invoice until Friday gone. I was planning on paying the bill this week but they beat me to it.
    Ran to the bank and literally emptied my account into theirs and paid the full amount to them.
    Called them back afterwards to see when I could expect reconnection and they told me that they no longer want to do business with me as I am a "high risk" customer.
    I rang Electric Ireland to see if they could help me but they want a €10,000 Euro deposit. Which I dont have!
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Alternatives:
    www.uswitch.ie/gas-electricity/‎
    www.airtricity.com
    vayu.ie
    www.crystalenergy.ie

Try the regulator for help
    www.cer.ie/customer-care‎;

Last resort? Get in touch with your TD and ask them to intervene on your behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

All sounds rather odd to be honest. There must be more to this than you have disclosed on here in relation to your payment history with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

€10,000??????

You could buy your own generator with that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

All sounds rather odd to be honest. There must be more to this than you have disclosed on here in relation to your payment history with them.

Agreed

You must have a poor payment history with them ? And would the invoice on Friday have been the final final final warning invoice as you didn't pay for some time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BoylerY

They only ask for large deposits if you have poor payment history which they can see - you must have not paid your bills for some time, getting cut off takes a long time.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

Lack of response suggests assumptions correct

Advertisement