Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Talk

Options
  • 04-03-2014 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭

Been trying to find out if my Dad can get Sky Talk. I thought the process would be simple enough.

First I tried the 'check availability' link on the sky website. It kept telling me to try again. After a couple of days I decided to mail Sky to ask about the service and they gave me a link to a live chat.

So I tried the live chat and got talking to someone there who said:

I'm sorry, as I am unable to access the accounts of customers from the Republic of Ireland here on chat, I will have to ask you to call our dedicated Republic of Ireland team on 0818 719 819. They will be able to help with your request. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

So I am thinking the service is probably pretty poor and I might give it a skip.

Anyone have positive experience with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,143 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Are you sure you were on the Ire website and not the UK site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭shnaek

muffler wrote: »
    Are you sure you were on the Ire website and not the UK site?

Yes, deffo the Irish site:
    http://www.sky.com/quickbuy/ireland/build?showCheckAvailability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

The chat service on the website is only for the UK, eventhough its on the Ireland site.

I have been using skytalk for 6 months and I am very happy with it.

OP, why don't you just call them? much simpler?

shnaek wrote: »
    Yup, thats the right link but you will probably need the UAN also. But I cant understand why the line checker isn't working though. I tried it there and its working fine for me.

You are aware that calls and broadband must be taken together?

I have the calls and bb with Sky and cant complain at all. Im on a discounted package which makes it a little sweeter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭shnaek

Cheers for the feedback. I didn't phone because of the cost of calling 0818 numbers on my mobile.
    I have the UAN number alright, but I've had no luck with it.
    If you ring sky, how long generally does it take to get through to someone who can help?

• Advertisement

shnaek wrote: »
    Cheers for the feedback. I didn't phone because of the cost of calling 0818 numbers on my mobile.
    I have the UAN number alright, but I've had no luck with it.
    If you ring sky, how long generally does it take to get through to someone who can help?
    The calls can be quire expensive especially when calling from a mobile. Good news is if your dad does get signed up the calls to all Sky numbers are then free :)

Very hard to say what the waiting time is but I would have noticed that the service is usually a bit faster over the last few months. The last couple of times I rang them I would have been through in less than 5 minutes - maybe 2 - 3 minutes.

Time of day would be a factor so maybe try around 9 or 10 in the morning as Id think that would probably be one of their quieter times - I hope :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

"Hi I'm looking to sign up and give your company money and you commission, could you please call me back as this call is expensive? Thanks."

Wait 25 seconds...

Ring Ring...

"This is Sky how can I help you?"

Simples...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I do exactly as Bepolite says, I ring and ask them to call me back as I'm on a mobile, they never mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

loopymum wrote: »
    I do exactly as Bepolite says, I ring and ask them to call me back as I'm on a mobile, they never mind

Unless you've a technical issue or want to downgrade or cancel then they're "an inbound call centre only" :P

Advertisement