Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem Setup

Options
  • 04-03-2014 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm currently trying to setup a cisco 2425 wireless modem (ex UPC) for a family member in czech rep. They were using a cisco 2100 but when i change out the modem it will not connect to the network. Are there some basic steps i am missing

Any help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,332 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's no such thing as ex-UPC modems, they remain their property, nor can you add any cable modem to a DOCSIS network without the company provisioning them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭itsirishfarmer

do factory reset ,if you have a router you have to put modem into bridge mode,

type 192.168.1.1 in the website address bar

leave the username and password fields blank and press "OK". You are now logged into your modem

http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/526/~/cisco-2425-or-3925-wireless-settings

your new isp might need a user name and password

get settings from

cisco 2100

Advertisement