Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving time in rush hour Drogheda to Ballycoolin / Blanch?

Options
  • 04-03-2014 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone here drives from Drogheda town to Ballycoolin business park (or around that area) on weekday mornings, and if so how long does it take you?

What time would you need to leave Drogheda town to be in or near the business park for say 8.40 am?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EmilyM66

I live in Drogheda and work in Rosemount Business Park. It takes about 35 -40 mins, so you could leave about 8.00 am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

I used to drive the same trip each day. I would leave about 7.50 because I'd be picking others up and I'd be in plenty of time. The busiest part of the journey being between Kilmoon Cross and the traffic lights at the Ratoath turn. Some mornings it would be a clear run and others it would be bumper to bumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

That's a fair trek would not fancy that everyday in rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ideaburst

Hey guys,

Hard to believe that you would be up there within the hour or so at rush hour on the M50?! To give you an idea, I left at 9.45 one of the mornings, and got there at 10.40! So if it takes nearly an hour at a fairly quiet time of the morning, then hard to see how you'd make it in for 9 am if you left around 8 am?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

ideaburst wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Hard to believe that you would be up there within the hour or so at rush hour on the M50?! To give you an idea, I left at 9.45 one of the mornings, and got there at 10.40! So if it takes nearly an hour at a fairly quiet time of the morning, then hard to see how you'd make it in for 9 am if you left around 8 am?

I found it better going through Duleek and Ashbourne rather than using the M1/M50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 EmilyM66

Mark is right, the quickest way is via Kilmoon Cross and then the M2. Since the new road opened and cut out Kilshane Cross the journey is much quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

+1 to Kilshane x

Thanks guys. I figured you meant the M2 since there's no way you could get from Drogheda to Ballycoolin in less than an hour in rush hour!

So this is the route you guys mean?

I am actually going to test drive the route for myself one of the mornings, just to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

That's the route, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

i'm driving from Termonfeckin to Ballymount every day and leaving termonfeckin at about 7:15 in the morning it takes about 55-60 mins (unless exceptional traffic or accident) That is heading through drogheda via the quays, out the duleek road and ashboure bypass to M50.

I often have to stop in Ballycoolin in the mornings and to ballycoolin it takes about 40-45 mins.

Actually go give a proper breakdown ..

Termonfeckin to Platin Road roundabout - 12mins
    to Kilshane cross - 15mins
    Kilshane Cross to M2 Junction - 10mins
    M2 Junction to M50 - 9mins

From drogheda to ballycoolin i'd expect to do it in about 35-40 mins - people have longer commutes from Whitehall to the city centre !!!

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies previously guys. Can I ask is there a good place to possibly find people to carpool with on this route?

Advertisement