Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you blow the whistle

Options
  • 04-03-2014 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

hi all im seeking advice here well lets cut straight to it long story short my mate up the road is teaching ecdl courses to people and passing himself off as fully qualified instructor well let me tell you i recently found out hes been spoofing the whole time and raking in a fortune in the process should i ring the guards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

hi all im seeking advice here well lets cut straight to it long story short my mate up the road is teaching ecdl courses to people and passing himself off as fully qualified instructor well let me tell you i recently found out hes been spoofing the whole time and raking in a fortune in the process should i ring the guards

My cat could run an ecdl course. If your mate is making money out of it, he is to be congratulated (for making money that is, not in his choice of friends)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

oldyouth wrote: »
    My cat could run an ecdl course. If your mate is making money out of it, he is to be congratulated (for making money that is, not in his choice of friends)

mate did i mention thats just the tip of the ice berg hes pretending to be a psychologist as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

mate did i mention thats just the tip of the ice berg hes pretending to be a psychologist as well

No, but you have now. Most definitely report him, that's very serious!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭jr22

Yeah, quick, for the love of spreadsheets in the South East get the Gardai out to him. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Bit off topic but there was a poll done asking doctors would they report a poor performing or incompetent collegue and only 50% said yes they would. Some were afraid of the consecquences for them if they did, others thought nothing would be done.

How could anyone standby and watch these doctors treating patients and say nowt about it. Poll just out today.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭itsirishfarmer

I have a friend pretending to be a brain surgeon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

do the people paying for the course recieve an actual ECDL certificate? if so theres nothing really wrong with what he's doing.

Psychology is boloxology mostly anyway, but again I dont think there are any regulations on who can and cant call themselves a psychologist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    do the people paying for the course recieve an actual ECDL certificate? if so theres nothing really wrong with what he's doing.

they get a cert but hes typing them up and printing them off the computer himself hehe only reason why im reporting him is i wanted to join in as well and he said no

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

they get a cert but hes typing them up and printing them off the computer himself hehe only reason why im reporting him is i wanted to join in as well and he said no

Well that's just great. So you would happily join. What's does that say..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Rat rat rat - Immediately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So the lesson of the story is,blow the whistle unless it benefits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Well, thats probably fraud, but your motives are a bit sketchy.

Someone should report the both of ye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Most of ye couldn't spot a troll if he bit the hole off ye

Advertisement