Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

livingsocial.com? opinions?

Options
  • 04-03-2014 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭

I bought a carbon monoxide detector last week from https://www.livingsocial.com/purchases

12934389434_937eed2681.jpg

I paid with Paypal and received the detector yesterday from www.justbuy.ie

12934063813_040a6939da.jpg

The detector was boxed and says on the box that it needs one 4.5V battery:

12934381744_3d670561f7.jpg

Clearly the detector I received needs three AAA batteries:

12934357334_a8b2d61ddf.jpg

As can be seen, one of the terminals is missing the spring bit:

12933930725_aed2f62035.jpg

I have emailed both LivingSocial and JustBuy.ie requesting a full refund and I'm awaiting a response from one or both of them.

Has anyone had any dealings with these folks and if so, were they ok? It's my first time dealing with either and so far, I'm not too impressed.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Why don't you just fit some batteries in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Oryx wrote: »
    Why don't you just fit some batteries in it?

As I said, one of the springs is missing so the battery won't stay in place. I tried a piece of tin foil just to make a connection but the detector shows no sign of life. No lights coming on when button tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

tippman1 wrote: »
    I

I paid with Paypal and received the detector yesterday from

Has anyone had any dealings with these folks and if so, were they ok? It's my first time dealing with either and so far, I'm not too impressed.

Why are you so unimpressed. You only recieved the item yesterday God almighty give them a chance to deal with your email will you.

Faulty items occur from all vendors its unfortunate its how they deal with the issue is important and right now you havent even given them a chance to address it.

D3PO wrote: »
    Why are you so unimpressed. You only recieved the item yesterday God almighty give them a chance to deal with your email will you.

Faulty items occur from all vendors its unfortunate its how they deal with the issue is important and right now you havent even given them a chance to address it.

True enough, but if the description on the box says "powered by one 4.5V battery" and the actual device needs three 1.5V batteries, I have to wonder about the quality of these items they're selling.

Update

Now, in fairness to them,I have received an acknowledgement from them this morning, and they've asked me to return the item pending a refund, which is fair enough.....but the description on the box is not the same as what's inside? No-one seems to see anything wrong with that?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Cheaper chinese items often have very dodgy descriptions and instructions.

• Advertisement

In fairness to LivingSocial I want to state that this morning I received a full refund for the faulty detector and also the postage cost, so I have to say Fair Play to LivingSocial's customer care service regardless of the dud co detector.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 colmdoyle

Living social seem too get involved with dogey suppliers and crap products I never look at there stuff anymore as there forever giving refunds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Completely disagree with colmdoyle above. Ive never ever had an unsolvable problem with living social compared to all the other coupon places out there, and when i did have an issue on the two times they helped me out very quickly. Personally, i think they are the best of a bad bunch.

Advertisement