Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank closing all accounts

Options
  • 04-03-2014 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice. I was recently made unemployed and as such my accounts with UB was affected. I have one credit card and two current accounts. One with an overdraft and one without. I arranged with UB to reduce the overdraft down, but was unable to repay the amount. Yesterday i paid in some money at the branch and transferred it onto the CC and into the overdrawn account. Today i called them to ask if everything was ok. I was told no as the accounts were passed to their recovery team today. Now the credit card was in credit and up to date, and the non overdraft account is also in credit. The advisor who was an absolute horror of a person advised me that this very day the accounts were all passed to them and as such they will all be closed in due course and it was my fault and basically i deserve it. I appreciate this is the case, but advised her that i paid some money into the account yesterday in the branch and as such if i was told to rectify the situation by calling the collection that day I would have. I am now left with no bank accounts and nobody in UB willing to help. Does anyone have any advice if there is anything I can do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Citizen2011

Try open a new account with an alternative bank and don't leave yourself short by putting money into the current account and having it diverted to the OD account. Are your wages paid into Ulster? If so you need a current account with a different bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Are your wages paid into Ulster?
    I was recently made unemployed

Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pablo82

Hey thanks for the reply....I recently obtained a new job and start next week....this was the reason i visited the branch to get it sorted. Absolute jokes, i am aware of my financial situation I dont need a bank who is in billions of debt to make me feel crap about a 750 euro overdraft and 650 euro credit card.....I will be paying it all off in my first wage anyway. I only wanted to get advice if they can close ALL my accounts. Would be very different if I had a large loan. Im sure they would want me to keep paying it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I would open a formal complaint with them, there must have been some letter t hey sent that they didn't get a reply to or something that spouted them to close all accounts. hopefully after a complaint you would get an answer.

You need to find out how this will sect your credit rating, it child stuff things up got the next 6 years.

They are really putting themselves in a bad position, much better idea to leave the account open so any wages etc would be paid in and the debt paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pablo82

Thanks for the reply, I lodged a complaint today.....it will probably be ignored I'm sure. I logged onto online banking and all the accounts have disappeared apart from the credit card. Which is bizarre.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement