Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protecting adult content on a NAS?

Options
  • 04-03-2014 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a NAS with Adult and Kid movie folders which is accessed from various media streaming devices (xBox, OUYA, WD Live, PC, Phones, Tablets etc) around the house.

Is there any way to password protect the Adult movie folder so the kids can't view content that isn't appropriate for them? I tried right clicking on the folder but don't see any password or security type options.

Cheers,

Ben

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

You could create two shares, one for family and one for you. The one for you would be password protected, and completely separate from the family share.

What model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Mr. G wrote: »
    You could create two shares, one for family and one for you. The one for you would be password protected, and completely separate from the family share.

What model is it?

I think this should mean two users. Then you can assign shares to the appropriate user.

Just curious when you sat 'Adult' to you mean 'ADULT' :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

degsie wrote: »
    Just curious when you sat 'Adult' to you mean 'ADULT' :eek:
    Ha ha :eek: I don't mean "Adult" adult!! Just Over 16/18 movies and TV series etc which my 9 year old daughter shouldn't be able to access. I'm just trying to be a little bit responsible!!

My NAS is a ZyXEL NSA310 2TB (I think) but when I right click and hit properties instead of bringing up the usual pie chart showing the size of the disk and how much is used/free etc it pops up a notice which says the manufacturer is http://www.pv.com and the model is http://twonky.com. I've no idea what that means!!

Here are the details:

s3op36.jpg

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

The user guide should give you all the info you need to create users and shares and how to set permissions.

Advertisement