Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork week - where to stay?

Options
  • 04-03-2014 10:15pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I'm heading down to Cork week in Crosshaven at the beginning of July.

As my OH is not a sailor, and we are using this as a holiday for both of us, I'm trying to find self catering accomodation for us both, that will get me to Carrigaline quickly (to meet the rest of the crew each day) and give him good access to historical areas of interest.

Can't seem to find anything in Carrigaline itself, so am looking at Kinsale?

I've no local knowledge of different towns/villages to be looking at online, so any that can be shared here in terms of where to look would be great.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 stardollz

Will you have transport?

If yes, then maybe look at Ringskiddy (just outside carrigaline), Fountainstown, Myrtleville, Minane, Tracton (all four are between Crosshaven and carrigaline). Kinsale is a good 30 minutes or more from Crosshaven and could be quite expensive then..! Douglas would be just as quick and may be more central for your OH if he won't be travelling to Crosshaven everyday. Douglas is about 10-15 minutes to the city centre, 10 minutes to carrigaline, and about 25-30 minutes to Crosshaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Getting to Carrigaline the best bet would be Rochestown, Ringaskiddy or Douglas... Ringaskiddy being the closest.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭donalh087

If you want OH to be happy stay in Kinsale. Lots of crews stay there. He would go off his head in Carrigaline/Ringaskiddy/Douglas etc. Take my advice, Kinsale. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 isabelle10

Try Fernhill Golf hotel, it is just outside Carrigaline towards Ringaskiddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

agree with fernhill............they have self catering houses and is at most 5 mins form carrigaline.

• Advertisement
Advertisement