Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Sandyford

Options
  • 04-03-2014 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anyone tell me what the rental market is like in Sandyford? Just trying to get a feel for the place..

There's very little on the market for renting (3 bed apartments ideally)...is there generally a lot for rent or is everything snapped up v quickly?

As in, is it a tenants market or a landlord's market in the area? I wonder would rent be negotiable if not many people are looking in the area?

Rent also seems v.expensive at €1,500 per month average for a 3-bed apt in the area. I presume this is negotiable with all the agents? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Dublin as a whole is a landlord's market right now. Wouldn't expect any negotiations on price except upward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Dont want to open the whole can of worms that is the ridiculousness of renting in dublin issue but expect to be competing with lots of potential tenants during viewings and the advertised price going up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

jd83 wrote: »
    Dont want to open the whole can of worms that is the ridiculousness of renting in dublin issue but expect to be competing with lots of potential tenants during viewings and the advertised price going up.

The price going up?! Really??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

There aren't a lot of 3 bed apartments in Sandyford in general, it's nearly all 2 beds and a few 1 beds. I rented there myself for several years until the end of last year and it's definitely a lot more difficult to find somewhere now and prices have gone up. A friend of mine is looking there too and was about to sign and pay their deposit, then someone else 'outbid' them and now they have to keep looking. The rental market here is a bit crazy. You may be better off going a bit further out if you can, e.g. Carrickmines or Stepaside or anywhere around there.

Advertisement