Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account in negative by 9 euro

Options
  • 04-03-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, 

I've just checked my statement and through my own fault I've gone into -9 euro on the overall balance. I do not have any overdraft on the account and I wont be getting more money into the account for it to go positive for roughly another 10 days. 

What are the consequences of this situation?

Regards,
    Callum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Callum,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to boards.

When an account has been overdrawn the system will apply an interest charge at the end of the fee quarter. This is calculated on the amount the account was overdrawn by and the amount of days. For more information on this, please see the Fees and Charges section here

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

CmcKillina wrote: »
    Hi, 

I've just checked my statement and through my own fault I've gone into -9 euro on the overall balance. I do not have any overdraft on the account and I wont be getting more money into the account for it to go positive for roughly another 10 days. 

What are the consequences of this situation?

Regards,
    Callum
    Do you have any standing orders or direct debits coming due before you go back to a positive balance? If you do, they're going to bounce and will incur additional fees.

Advertisement