Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Dobermans IKC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Ok angry people and with a dobbies who are super duper champs and all the bull ****, stop attacking me. My decision is my decision ! Only Q in this forum i wanted to ask how could i receive the IKC or find out even if it was put trough ! I got my answer , Called in to IKC today they said it's possible to check just put email trough with his microchip code and she will get trough as soon as she can and then she will see what she can do . Waiting on reply .

No-one here said they had "super duper champs" Doberman dogs. What we did say is that you should not be considering breeding a dog that you took out of a cage in a back-yard in Cavan who has not even competed. There is nothing proven to be genetically special or exemplary about your Doberman, so it makes sense that no reputable or welfare-conscious bitch-owner would approach you asking for your dog as a stud. It also makes sense that, knowing you do not have legal papers for your dog and knowing that the breeder you bought him off could well have presented you with the papers of ANY two Doberman dogs (and thus you don't even know that you have a purebreed), it makes sense that you would not offer your dog as a stud to anyone, as you do not factually know the health or genetic lines and ancestry of your dog.

Health tests only show how your dog is doing right now, not how they will be in a few years time, or whether they are likely to pass recessive negative genetic illnesses onto their offspring.

Coming on to a public forum and mentioning you are considering breeding a dog you bought from a backyard breeder who currently has no papers, who has no genetic ancestry information and who has never competed at any level, simply because you think he is feeling randy, is sort of like dropping a grenade without the pin and expecting people to ignore the fact that you dropped it.

Advertisement