Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vanilla sugar

Options
  • 05-03-2014 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

hi does anyone know where i can buy this ,i know how to make it just to lasy:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Pretty sure I've seen it in the baking aisle of Tesco lately. I know I've seen Dr Oetker branded vanilla sugar in other countries, Dr Oetker stuff is available in Supervalu (and probably the other big supermarkets)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dangerus06

thank you for reply i try there tomorrow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I got mine in lidl or Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

Just buy a whole vanilla pod and put it in an air tight sugar jar with caster sugar. After a week or two the sugar picks up the fragrance and taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Never seen it on sale in ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,442 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Just buy a whole vanilla pod and put it in an air tight sugar jar with caster sugar. After a week or two the sugar picks up the fragrance and taste.

Why waste a whole one? They're pricey enough as it is, Just pop in the leftover pod casing after you've used the seeds inside

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dangerus06

hi tried tesco they dont have any ,,i try aidi tom and if worst comes to worst i made my own thanks for replies :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

dangerus06 wrote: »
    hi tried tesco they dont have any ,,i try aidi tom and if worst comes to worst i made my own thanks for replies :o

I had a look in my local Tesco today and they had none :( sorry! Hope you find it! Might be worth trying one of the Eastern European shops too but as you say, easy and much cheaper to make your own :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

If you have a Eastern European shop near you they'll almost definitely have it, in a multipack of little sachets

vanilla-sugar__5900983005014.jpg

Also great for cake flour & fresh yeast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

They've vanilla pods quite cheap in Tiger stores, like 2 or 3 euro for a couple, if I remember right?
    Saw them yesterday in the Tiger in the GPO Arcade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

I see it in dunnes regularly, both leopardstown and cornelscourt. I think "Jann's" is the brand, comes in a clear plastic jar with a white label on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

Fallon & Byrne have some it is of course a bit pricy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭squonk

They're doing a special on Vanilla Sugar and another flavour sugar in Aldi this week. Not sure if it's still on but theck their website just in case you waste a trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Vanilla sugar and cinnamon sugar in Aldi at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

quaalude wrote: »
    They've vanilla pods quite cheap in Tiger stores, like 2 or 3 euro for a couple, if I remember right?
    Saw them yesterday in the Tiger in the GPO Arcade.

Tiger sells cellophane packets of vanilla sugar! Got some in swords at the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

you can buy packs of it on amazon

Advertisement