Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North East Runners Patsy Kelly 5K 12th April 2014

• 05-03-2014 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭

North East Runners 5K (12/04/2014)
    North East Runners are delighted to announce the 3rd running of the Patsy Kelly 5K Road Race on Saturday 12th April 2014 @ 6.30 pm. The race sees runners following the route of the old "Harp Lager Road Race” (BHAA Race).

The race is Athletics Ireland affiliated.
    All runners, jogger & walkers welcome
    Registration online at
    www.runireland.com or on the day. Entry online: €15
    Technical T-shirt for all entrants
    Refreshments at finish
    Flat Fast Route (follows the old Harp Lager BHAA route)
    Timing: Chip Timed.
    Prizes:1,2,3 Male & Female and the usual categories and for course record (Gary O'Hanlon 15.09, Aoife Talty 16.46).

Contact Details:
    Paul Gray 087 6455566 or Jim Gonnelly 086 2902029

Garmin http://connect.garmin.com/activity/166740862

2012 Thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056571319

2013 Thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056891765

Further info. on Facebook Page "North East Runners Patsy Kelly 5K"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

Ran this race the last two years, very well organised run on a fast course and always well supported on the day. Attracts a good mix in the field as well - some very good athletes and alot of beginners supporting the run as well. Definately a PB course.

Great refreshments after it as well - soup, tea, buns and sambos a plenty.

Will sign up for this again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

5* race this for me. Great club race, well organised, good course, t-shirt, good depth of competition, great spread afterwards- all for 15 euro! What more could you want, these are the types of race we should be supporting. Hopefully I can get healthy and get back in time to give this a good lash!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KCY76

Lots of great races in the next 4 weeks, Dunboyne, k club, great Ireland run but coming from newry I am returning to this great wee race in Dundalk. Up the NERds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

Club team prizes announced for the Race. First team €100 cash, prizes for 2nd and 3rd teams. Male and female. Last year we had competitors from Clonliffe, Dunboyne, Dunshaughlin AC, Raheny AC, Star of the Sea, Dunleer AC and Drogheda & District AC.

KCY76 wrote: »
    Lots of great races in the next 4 weeks, Dunboyne, k club, great Ireland run but coming from newry I am returning to this great wee race in Dundalk. Up the NERds.

Yes KCY76, I would hope so seeing as we supplied about 40 runners for your DUNE half marathon. Talk soon. I will keep No. 2 race number for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

really looking forward to this. Missed last years as I was on a Stag but will definitely be there. have the Great Ireland Run on Sunday and this the saturday after. I have also convinced 5 or 6 of my other mates to do it.

event wrote: »
    really looking forward to this. Missed last years as I was on a Stag but will definitely be there. have the Great Ireland Run on Sunday and this the saturday after. I have also convinced 5 or 6 of my other mates to do it.

Great, see you there. We had a meeting last night and two girls who were tasked with filling the goodie bag landed with a goodie bag that is actually heavy to carry. There is two drinks, 3 bars, crisps and jellys in every bag. Hopefully the race is not remembered mainly for the picnic sized goodie bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Salty Dog

Anyone know what the best/easiest way to get there from the M1 coming from Dublin is ? Also what's parking like ?

Thanks.

Salty Dog wrote: »
    Anyone know what the best/easiest way to get there from the M1 coming from Dublin is ? Also what's parking like ?

Thanks.

Hi, take the exit signposted Castleblayney/Dundalk (no. 17). You take the second exit signposted Dundalk and drive 2K straight in the road. You will come to a set of traffic lights just after a Maxol garage on your left. Turn right here and race HQ is 200M on your left. There is ample parking. We have use of the car park right beside the HQ and this will be secured from 4-9pm and there is also a Dunnes Stores car park directly opposite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

is this on at 6.30 pm ? cool, i might actually make it ,

• Advertisement

woody1 wrote: »
    is this on at 6.30 pm ? cool, i might actually make it ,

Yes. 6.30 start time. Give yourself a few minutes leeway as start line is c. 1Km from HQ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

il be there well early, for some reason i presumed like most runs itd be at 12 in the afternoon and i never looked at the time, coming from mayo for a family thing and trying to shoehorn in a race somewhere as usual, it being on at 6.30 suits me perfectly..

woody1 wrote: »
    il be there well early, for some reason i presumed like most runs itd be at 12 in the afternoon and i never looked at the time, coming from mayo for a family thing and trying to shoehorn in a race somewhere as usual, it being on at 6.30 suits me perfectly..

That's great. See you there.

Our very own.

brian-lynch.jpg

Advertisement