Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Soil Sliding into Neighbours Garden

• 05-03-2014 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi

I hope i am posting in correct thread!

My garden is attached to my neighbours, my house is on a height compared to theirs. they dug out their garden front and back about 3 years ago but did not complete it. (they were to put up a boundary wall between our garden and theirs to stop soil slipping)

I noticed gaps appearing at the bottom off our adjoining fence about 1.5 yrs ago. I had a landscaper out last year who said our garden is slipping and they needed to get a boundary wall up asap! i approached neighbours but nothing has been done.

after recent weather i have now noticed our front garden has slid and a gap is now appearing under fence, they have constructed a bedding area on their side but you can clearly see the soil is from our side!

just wondering if anyone here has had similiar problems and who i need to contact to survey the garden before i approach neighbours again. i want to have evidence to provide them with as if nothing is done this time i will have to contact solicitors.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Haven't we already discussed this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 acehigh76

hi there, I was looking at your post and thought if that was me I would be livid. If your neighbours removed the earth on their side it is up to them to to build a retaining wall not just a boundary wall to stop your garden from subsiding . I am from a construction background (not legal) but I would talk to your insurance company,they should be able to help. Failing that speak to a solicitor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

if its going to be left up to you to do something get a few stakes and sheet the area off,

Advertisement