Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford to London Route

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

dzilla wrote: »
    anybody use the flybe onward service to Paris from WAT?

Thinking of it , would save me driving to Dublin and leaving the car there.

Not the route but have connected in Birmingham before and its easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

The bags are checked all the way onto onward destination yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Yeah I believe so.

cool

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Plane Fan

I hope Flybe continue with Manchester and Birmingham after September 9th as at least them routes are helping to keep the airport going. Some days BHX has loads of up to 90% but a lot of those pax would be using it to continue onto London via train. MAN seems to be steady too. Any more news on a carrier for any London airport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Plane Fan wrote: »
    I hope Flybe continue with Manchester and Birmingham after September 9th as at least them routes are helping to keep the airport going. Some days BHX has loads of up to 90% but a lot of those pax would be using it to continue onto London via train. MAN seems to be steady too. Any more news on a carrier for any London airport?

Flybe messaged me on Facebook and said they won't be continued after September.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Flybe messaged me on Facebook and said they won't be continued after September.

Just tried to book Birmingham and its showing flights right up until the end of the year but now on Tues, Thurs & Sun. Nothing for Manchester yet.

Maybe just Manchester is going and Birmingham is staying. I would be surprised to see Birmingham going given the loads are so good. But then if they can find a more profitable slot for the aircraft they wont be long in pulling a service to one airport in favour of another.

considering that they have recently opened a Dublin to London City route, I would hate to see them begin to concentrate on Cork and Dublin centric routes.

Birmingham is now bookable until January 4th with Manchester until October 24th.

Planning Permission for the extended runway decision date is on hold until further information is submitted. Was due tomorrow I believe.

File Number: 1489
    Application Type: PERMISSION
    Planning Status: FURTHER INFORMATION

Received Date: 14/03/2014
    Decision Due Date:

Validated Date: 14/03/2014
    Invalidated Date:

Further Info Requested: 02/05/2014
    Further Info Received:

Withdrawn Date:
    Extend Date:

Decision Type:
    Decision Date:

Leave To Appeal:
    Appeal Date:

Commenced Date:
    Submissions By:

Phased extensions to the existing airport runway and turningn circle within the airpor (150m and 200m runway extnsions; 350m total runway extension and 375m including turning circle) and all associated works

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

people on here know more then the staff in the Airport do. Crazy don't you think the staff could at least find out first

Any update on either a London route ,the planning permission or Manchester actually coming back next year?

Any update on either a London route ,the planning permission or Manchester actually coming back next year?

its the same situation as before, manchester is only bookable up until October. Birmingham until the end of the year.

I fear that the planes will be routed to more profitable routes in the long term. I think the chances of London routes are slim, there are so many other cities that want to increase capacity to London etc so there are limited landing slots, i am open to correction, Id gladly welcome back the southend route!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

dzilla wrote: »
    its the same situation as before, manchester is only bookable up until October. Birmingham until the end of the year.

I fear that the planes will be routed to more profitable routes in the long term. I think the chances of London routes are slim, there are so many other cities that want to increase capacity to London etc so there are limited landing slots, i am open to correction, Id gladly welcome back the southend route!

Tried to book Manchester for a united game in November and it wouldn't allow me its a pity as flying from Waterford is very handy. Back to Dublin or Cork:rolleyes:

Tried to book Manchester for a united game in November and it wouldn't allow me its a pity as flying from Waterford is very handy. Back to Dublin or Cork:rolleyes:

I am flying to Manchester in October to get the train to a liverpool match.

It is very handy for that. However the flights are not scheduled after that date in October, I hope it changes.

I suppose with your situation, you could fly to Birmingham, and get the direct train from Birmingham International train station on the Friday at
    14:40 (your plane lands an hour before the plane departs 13:45) this will get you to manchester on the Friday at 4pm, plenty of time for soccer and debauchery! Coming home there is a direct train at 10:27ish on a sunday that will get u to the airport at 12:14 (sundays flights @14:00)(www.nationalrail.co.uk) price of the train is 38€ I believe.... its worth considering, I would rather do the train travel on that side than have to drive and park or get a bus to dublin on this side.

Regards,

D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

tough times for the airport, i really hope they get the runway extended and London back. Maybe increase the property tax and the council could pay for some of it, would benefit the whole county/region.

Manchester is definitely ending according to Flybe customer service and won't be returning.

BHX is scheduled up to at least April '15.

But seeing was told someone on here a few months back that flights wont be continuing at the airport I would take this information with a pinch of salt.

I really hope Manchester is coming back for next summer and that it's just seasonal. That route developed so much this year load factor and demand wise.
    Anyone know what airline the airport is still in talks with for London?

I really hope Manchester is coming back for next summer and that it's just seasonal. That route developed so much this year load factor and demand wise.
    Anyone know what airline the airport is still in talks with for London?

I don't know, but if I was to speculate it would be Easyjet for a route to Southend... but this would be all depending on the runway being extended..... but this is just speculation on my behalf

Advertisement