Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buzzing from various plugs/sockets around the house

Options
  • 05-03-2014 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

This morning I became aware of a little clicking noise coming from my inductive phone charger. I realised I'd been hearing it for a while. While I was changing, I noticed a high-pitch noise coming from my wife's sony charger. Then later in the kitchen, a buzzing noise coming from the socket the microwave was connected to. All around the house, various sockets buzz.

Is this normal? I've checked my voltage using a meter plug, and it fluctuates between about 236.5 and 237.5, which is normal enough according to the ESB (who's operating range is 207 - 253 Volts)

Comments

Some chargers click. Simple 3 stage chargers use relays to activate different circuits depending on battery requirements.
    Some transformers buzz it's induced magnetic noise generally the cheaper the noisier.
    Microwave? No idea.

Advertisement