Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA club subscription.

• 05-03-2014 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

I have just paid the annual subscription for my son in the local GAA club. €160.
    I thought this very expensive and asked a few folks in work what they paid for their kids in their clubs.
    Some answers are €30 for juvenile and €100 for family membership.
    How much do you pay and how much do you think is just too much?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

stoneill wrote: »
    I have just paid the annual subscription for my son in the local GAA club. €160.
    I thought this very expensive and asked a few folks in work what they paid for their kids in their clubs.
    Some answers are €30 for juvenile and €100 for family membership.
    How much do you pay and how much do you think is just too much?
    It all depends what you get for your subscription. Bar, gym, all weather pitch etc. Although 160 seems high for a youth membership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I pay €192 for under 8's in my local club (suburban Dublin) - an we don't have a club house! It's a lot of money - we're assured plans are afoot to complete a portion of the club house, but it is a lot of money given the membership and catchment area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Does everyone who plays on any team in a GAA club have to be a pid-up member?

Can kids not just come along and play away?

Does everyone who plays on any team in a GAA club have to be a pid-up member?

Can kids not just come along and play away?

Insurance is one of the big issues, then subs are used to run the club as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Mod

moved from AH, please read the GAA rules before posting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

250 for family membership for the year. Includes free access to the games also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Sounds expensive, sub for myself is €40!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Midfield9

Rural club
    Adults 50 Non-playing 20 Minor 20
    Not sure what the juvenile club charge but 160 seems mad to me for youngsters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

€30 as a playing adult.

some of the subs here are frightening....then again we don't got gym, hot showers, etc :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hanalei

Up to last year, the membership fee at my club was €25. In the meantime, it has emerged that the club has a rather substantial financial hole that needs to be filled and the fee has gone up to €75. Not happy at all, crazy mismanagement financially has finally caught up with the club.

I wish something could be done about clubs hiring external big name managers and paying big bucks for it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Hanalei wrote: »
    Up to last year, the membership fee at my club was €25. In the meantime, it has emerged that the club has a rather substantial financial hole that needs to be filled and the fee has gone up to €75. Not happy at all, crazy mismanagement financially has finally caught up with the club.

I wish something could be done about clubs hiring external big name managers and paying big bucks for it.

My own club always complains about having no money etc.... yet spent €12000 each year over the last 3 years on a trainer (won nothing 2 semi final appearances Intermediate) and are paying €11000 this year to someone else. madness!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Jeez, 160 is fairly hefty sub for a juvenile! My home club in Kerry would be 50 for adults, 25 for students/juveniles.

Club Im involved with in Cork would be 70 for adults, not sure about underage.

Jeez, 160 is fairly hefty sub for a juvenile! My home club in Kerry would be 50 for adults, 25 for students/juveniles.

Club Im involved with in Cork would be 70 for adults, not sure about underage.

I can better that. Club in Dublin -€192 for under 8 as I pointed out above. I have mentored for a few seasons, give up loads of my time doing so, now they want me to join as a family member - guts of €400. So told them to get fcuked, I'm not going to pay to give up my Saturday mornings and the rest. I wouldn't mind, but we don't we even have a club house! I'm absolutely raging with the snotty email I got from the club sec. this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Jabel

I pay €270 for a Dublin club which covers me (non playing member) and a son and daughter both playing. I know it's not cheap compared to some others but I consider it good value given the facilities we have at our club (all-weather, gym etc). For reference when my son was playing for a well known soccer club a few years back the fees were €300!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Small rural club with clubhouse - no gym.

Adult (player): €30
    Adult (non-player): €20
    Family: €35
    Student/Under 18: €5
    OAP: €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭kooga

€40 for my daughter age 6 camogie cork city club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Jabel wrote: »
    I pay €270 for a Dublin club which covers me (non playing member) and a son and daughter both playing. I know it's not cheap compared to some others but I consider it good value given the facilities we have at our club (all-weather, gym etc). For reference when my son was playing for a well known soccer club a few years back the fees were €300!

Wow, that is a mirror of my story!!!!!! The soccer club lowered their fees this year, but still €220.00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

our club is 100 for adults, 60 for u-14 to minor and 30 for u-12 and younger........family is 160 for up to 4 and 20 per additional person.

They also have a non-playing membership for adults that's 50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Fianna Fowl

My club (Dublin) - €205 a year, €195 early bird for adult playing members

Its increased a lot in recent years (i guess doubled in the last 6 years) but then so have our facilities, covers:

- Large clubhouse with bar, function rooms with good changing rooms & showers
    - Large floodlit hurling wall, can come down as late at 11pm
    - Hire of full size pitch floodlit astro pitch for training, once a week from Jan till April. Other training under flood lights at home pitches
    - balance goes for usual registration & insurance costs

Between Championship, league, cup & challenge games play around 25 games a year. Add in between 80-100 clubs training sessions a year so probably less than €2 per match/training session

Details below:

Adult Playing Membership €205.00

Unwaged Membership €140.00

Student Membership €140.00

Adult Full Non-Playing Membership €100.00

Full Senior Citizen (Over 65) Membership €80.00

Student Non-Playing Membership €80.00

Adult Social Membership €80.00

Senior Citizen (Over 65) Social Membership €50.00

Single Academy Membership €80.00

Academy Family Membership MAX 3 Children €190.00

Juvenile Membership Only €130.00

Family Membership (Option 1) Max 2 Playing Children €230.00

Family Membership (Option 2) 3 Playing Children €275.00

Family Membership (Option 3) 4 or more Playing Children €320.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

My club based in Dublin

I thought was expensive but we have excellent facilities
    2 full size pitchs - both superb
    1 training pitch floodlit
    Ball wall -floodlit
    changing rooms with showers
    weights room
    Gym
    Large hall
    2 bars both refurbished over last 2 - 3 years.

Adult player is €150
    Adult Non player €50
    Juvenile Membership goes from €60 up to €110
    We also have a direct debt scheme in place.

I would fully agree with Fianna Fowl it is great value when you break it down what we actually get for it..
    All out teams are coached a minimum of twice a week and have a match. They get well looked after in every way possible with trips to Parnell pk and Croke park and various family events.
    The cost of running floodlights for a night when you have a teams training from 5.30 to 9.30 in winter is just 1 cost of facing clubs and unfortunatley memberships have risen as club facilities have improved.

A chap I work pays over €200 to a soccer club and his son might not get a game.

The big cost I have noticed is the rising insurance costs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭newbie11

30 euro for an adult in my club, 20 for juvenile. Small rural club with pretty basic facilities

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Full adult membership €190. Facilities include pitches, floodlit all weather, weights room, bar and clubhouse.

The club has a huge membership however.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rocman

I can't believe some of these Clubs charge so much- you're being ripped off!

My Club is £30 (37 euro) for an adult member which includes-

-Two full size flood lit pitches
    -Access to gym
    -Access to clubhouse (two story- cost about £120000 to build)
    -Fitness Clubs
    -Changing rooms- showers, ice baths, massage
    -Three training sessions per week and use of facilities for training at other times.

And loads more besides! Why are your clubs charging so much?

Advertisement