Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal technology 10 years ago

Options
  • 05-03-2014 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭

What personal tech were you carrying around with you 10 years ago?

For music I had the iRiver H120 and a Samsung flip phone which I have forgotten the name of :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I had these bad boys :)
    moto_handsets.JPG

muvo2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I'm still using one of the Creative Muvo's, I love it. Never had a problem, easy to transfer mp3's and great battery life. Much better than listening through my smart phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Nokia 6100i

Colour display and it had _NO_ camera!!!!

297165.jpg

I'm quite sure I'll never have a smaller mobile phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I had the Moto Razr and before that, the Brick lol

brickphone3ou.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I had a Nokia 3310. Was great on cold days as it kept my ear warm :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I still have an iriver! works perfect, might take it out for a spin on the bus for the laugh. :pac: and only gave up the 3310 a while ago. Damn..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I had a Palm Tungsten T3. Great device back in the day :) , must be 10 years old now :O . Had Bluetooth which was the 'in' thing at the time. Still have it somewhere in the parents house I'd say, must root it out :)

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    I had a Palm Tungsten T3. Great device back in the day :) , must be 10 years old now :O . Had Bluetooth which was the 'in' thing at the time. Still have it somewhere in the parents house I'd say, must root it out :)

Nick

Someone got me to replace the battery pack in one of these a few months back.

c.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

mordeith wrote: »
    Someone got me to replace the battery pack in one of these a few months back.

c.jpg

I remember the Tungsten C! I actually remember the Tungsten T5 having a wifi chip integrated was "amazing technology", think it came out a year or two after the T3.
    I also had the Palm IIIc before the T3 that my aunt gave me for Christmas one year. Best Christmas present ever! How times have certainly changed.. :)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The PIM functionality on those old Palm was vastly superior to any of the half baked stuff you get on smartphones these days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Had a Nokia 3330 and a Walkman.

Had only gotten my first PC about 5/6 months before hand. Didn't even have dail-up internet. So no MP3 players or anything of the sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Everyone had a Nokia, I remember having lots of the usual ones over the years but I've distinct memories of the 5210 around 2003/4. It was waterproof and very durable, I had a mate put his in his pint and rang it, I was in awe and had to have one, a phone you could drop in your pint. How have I survived since?

5210.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

The iRiver H120/140 is probably still one of the best digital music players around even so many years on. The sound quality and everything else from it was one of, if not the best at the time and nothing to my knowledge has come close since. Newer players were all about a more compact size and fancier screen etc and then smartphones came along which I don't think really compare either? I traded my H140 for a modified iPod that had a 240gb 1.8" hard drive and rockbox, so it wasn't exactly an ipod anymore but would have much preferred if the H140 could have had the same modification as the hardware was much better :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I had an iRiver 140, they were the business! Also had one of these:

image_52130_largeimagefile.jpg

It was a brick, but before iPods came around this thing was great.

I think at the time my phone was one of these:

420100.jpg

Absolutely brutal phone. Had a good ad which made the camera look great, in was ****e in reality.

I got one of these around the end of 2005 (got 40% off on Pixmania at the time :D)
    30 gigs, colour screen, Great yoke altogether, still works a charm even though it's heavy as a brick. I remember watching a few episodes of Prison Break (season 1) on the bus (my eyesight was good back then).

125454-creative-zen-vision-m-black.jpg?thumb=y

RazR V3 I think. Great phone. I love the tiny phones. I'd nearly go back to one now. I think I either had a MiniDisc or Zen Micro. The Zen Micro broke so much I stayed with MD and HiHD for ages. Loved those gadgets. I had a PDA I think a Palm Tungsten E. The PIM was so much better on these than todays smartphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

More like 14 years ago but I had one of these and couldn't live without it

palm-pilot.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Motorola-StarTAC.jpg for personal use and

Nokia-6310i-01.jpg

for work, the King of phones

• Registered Users Posts: 65,445 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

wexie wrote: »
    for work, the King of phones

I bought one second hand 10 years ago for €50 to go with my newly acquired BMW 735i which came with the Nokia CARK-91 car kit :)

10 years on and the phone is still working fine and worth at least what I paid for it. Best phone evah! :D

Loved that nokia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

I was still sporting a red 5510 which I had won through Nokia game a few years earlier.
    _vyr_6642012-10-24-08-04-10-pm.jpg

Great phone until some scumbag stole it in the middle of that year:(

Because of its thickness people always asked could it open like the Communicators...which it couldn't

Advertisement