Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquid smoke and vital wheat gluten

Options
  • 05-03-2014 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

So after hearing loads about how much you can make out of Liquid Smoke and Vital Wheat Gluten, i finally tracked them down in Fallon & Byrne yesterday.

Don't suppose anyone would have any good recipes to start me off using these either / both of these two new ingredients?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Now I know where to get liquid smoke - thanks!

Whereabouts is it to be found in F & B?

Here's a recipe I found while hunting for seitan sausages

Might give it a try today.

Here's another one from Vegan Dad (His blog is an excellent source of recipes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

Now I know where to get liquid smoke - thanks!

Whereabouts is it to be found in F & B?

It's beside all the BBQ sauces, just opposite the meat counter. I went in and asked about it a few weeks ago and they said that they only get one box of bottles of it every 3-4 weeks and it's usually is gone within a couple of days.

Boggled as to the logic of that, I asked him about basic supply and demand but all he said was 'I know, the managers really should buy more' :confused:

You can also get it from Americanfood dot ie but it's a bit more expensive and the minimum order from that website is €20 so you'd need to buy a few bottles to make up the order

Advertisement