Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence 2014

Options
  • 05-03-2014 1:34pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

1658589_10151981895576545_52274955_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭scooterdoyle

how can bands apply to play at indiependence???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

My first time at indie last year, was very impressed. I have the loyalty tickets booked this year. 70 euro is a steal IMO. Hope the headliners are a bit stronger than indie 13' though. WAS were brilliant on the Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭deisedude

how can bands apply to play at indiependence???

Try emailing info@curvemusicmanagement.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LickiRake

Any one hear any rumors about who might be playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i see Jacques Renault, Horse Meat Disco, and Deep Sh*t (2 of the guys from Foals/Friendly Fires) are playing in "Cork" on the August bank holiday weekend:
    http://www.elasticartists.net/shows/?view=calendar-block&showmonth=8&showyear=2014&_wpnonce=376c6bf397

• Advertisement

Lineup announcement tomorrow, excited! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Cage The Elephant & The Courteeners are 2 names I've seen mentioned. Both seem to be free that weekend too.

Also I see they followed Frank Turner recently on Twitter, he is playing a festival in the UK that weekend so looks like a possibility!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What time is the announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Announcement is supposed to be at 7. There could be a leak before that though I'd imagine...

I'll be at the launch, I might see what I can scope out...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Kinda surprised how quiet this thread is!

Anyone know if you could just turn up to the launch in Cork? Or would you have to have an invite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

€70 for an early bird is incredible value considering who played it last year.

Wu-Tang/Bell X1/Bastille/Kodaline are all headliners in their own rights now who'd be charging ~€50 for an O2 gig nowadays.

Great set up, great festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

Definitely one of the best Festivals in Ireland for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

cson wrote: »
    €70 for an early bird is incredible value considering who played it last year.

Wu-Tang/Bell X1/Bastille/Kodaline are all headliners in their own rights now who'd be charging ~€50 for an O2 gig nowadays.

Great set up, great festival.

Wu tang? Dear oh dear...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Public Enemy / Tom Odell / White Lies / Fun Lovin Criminals / Damien Dempsey/ Delorentos, Damien Dempsey, David Holmes DJ Set and The Sultans Of Ping.

Lisa O’Neill, Orla Gartland, We Cut Corners, The Academic, Walking on Cars and Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip. Chloe Howl, Fyfe, A-Skillz, Jacques Renault, Deep ****, Horse Meat Disco.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

988822_447205508743940_2086477610_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LickiRake

Awful line-up compared to last year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Didn't realise Sultans of Ping were still around.. Not too shabby a line-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Not too bad. Really enjoyed myself last year. Didn't know an awful lot of the acts but sure that's half the fun of these festivals.

I reckon it'll need at least three more big-ish name additions to the line up to convince me to head back this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Not a bad lineup, Public Enemy are always great live. Was hoping Scroobius Pip & Dan La Sac would be at EP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭deisedude

Kind of disappointed. Have my ticket already anyway but none of the headliners have the wow factor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

very little there to interest me. any of the ones i'd like to see play pretty regularly here anyway. will see Public Enemy at Forbidden Fruit.
    might go to Castlepalooza that weekend instead.

Its not great but there's more to come. I like White Lies alot. I'll be there anyhow, great little festival for the bank holiday weekend after the Galway Races week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 E.Scifo

White Lies were fantastic last time they played. Really great line up, haven't seen Sultans in at least 15 years :o

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pretty poor so far imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Wu tang? Dear oh dear...

Sorry De La Soul... getting my first nights of EP and Indie mixed up :pac:

Even looking back on 2013 there; We Are Scientists, The Fratellis, Ryan Sheridan, Funeral For A Friend as support acts to the headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Some additions for Indiependence: Hozier, The Minutes, Hudson Taylor, Dan Croll, Tvvins, The Altered Hours, Elastic Sleep, The Vincent(s), Toy Soldier and the Slow Motion Heroes.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

Some additions for Indiependence: Hozier, The Minutes, Hudson Taylor, Dan Croll, Tvvins, The Altered Hours, Elastic Sleep, The Vincent(s), Toy Soldier and the Slow Motion Heroes.

Seriously happy with these additions :D Hudson Taylor were great last year.

Praying for Frank Turner or another big name to pop up, it'd really be the icing on the cake for me.

Also, if anyone needs a tent pitched... give the scouts a shout! We'll be onsite all weekend :P [/self promotion]

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kaislinn

Is this more than likely the complete line up? Aside from the Bacardi stage and spoken word and stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

kaislinn wrote: »
    Is this more than likely the complete line up? Aside from the Bacardi stage and spoken word and stuff...

There will probably be another announcement in June or July, just before ticket prices go up. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Mention of a surprise addition on the FB soon... Tame Impala are just finished a tour of Europe at the end of July that suspiciously leaves out Ireland... Could it be them?

Advertisement