Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mention of a surprise addition on the FB soon... Tame Impala are just finished a tour of Europe at the end of July that suspiciously leaves out Ireland... Could it be them?

Hope not since i wont be able to make Indie this year ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mention of a surprise addition on the FB soon... Tame Impala are just finished a tour of Europe at the end of July that suspiciously leaves out Ireland... Could it be them?

Tbh (not trying to rain on anyone's parade) but I'd be very surprised if it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I love Indiependence but there's nothing really there that's saying, "BUY A TICKET FOR THIS NOW YOU FOOL" like there was last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Eod100 wrote: »
    Tbh (not trying to rain on anyone's parade) but I'd be very surprised if it was!
    Course, there's no way it's them but still.... DREAAAM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

me and a good few mates bought tickets to this this morning, haven't been before and looking forward to a good weekend! Out of interest, who were the 'wow' bands people are talking about last year? From looking at last years line-up it looks very similar in strength to this year.

Also, is it really only a slab of cans per person??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

me and a good few mates bought tickets to this this morning, haven't been before and looking forward to a good weekend! Out of interest, who were the 'wow' bands people are talking about last year? From looking at last years line-up it looks very similar in strength to this year.

Also, is it really only a slab of cans per person??

Walking on Cars definitely surprised everyone with their set last year anyway. They were playing in one of the smaller stages (The Beer Hall) and I presume that they didn't expect a big crowd, but the place was packed out and they gave a great performance. I didn't know any of their songs at the time, and to be honest I wouldn't really be listening to their music at all even after seeing them, but they do give a great live show.
    Hudson Taylor also gave an unreal performance last year from what I've heard, but I didn't see them.
    I think the headliners last year were a lot stronger but it'll still be a great weekend as always!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Does anybody know from last year if a bus runs from cork city and back for day tickets? Asked in the cork forum and was pointed here. Would love to do the 3 day but cant...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Looking down the bill, there's some great acts. Only heard them yesterday but Tvvins are class and supposed to be very good live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noesFmUw0Wc#t=33

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭deisedude

Eod100 wrote: »
    Looking down the bill, there's some great acts. Only heard them yesterday but Tvvins are class and supposed to be very good live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noesFmUw0Wc#t=33

Ya, i think the bands lower down the bill are stronger than other years but the headliners don't have the same sex appeal as last year in particular

I won't be able to get there until around 2200 on Friday night. I presume the wristband people will still be there? And the parking won't be full? Anyone Think I'll have a problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

MAXFANTANA wrote: »
    I won't be able to get there until around 2200 on Friday night. I presume the wristband people will still be there? And the parking won't be full? Anyone Think I'll have a problem?

The on site parking probably will be full I'd say. Plenty places in town to park though. I think last year or the year before the GAA opened up the gates to the pitch and people parked up the driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

offical site says you can only bring in a slab of cans OR a bottle of spirits. thats a bit light isnt it. how strict is this?? my usual festival supplies are a bottle of vodka ,2 bottles a b and about 16 cans.never had any issue with amount of booze i was brining in at any other irish fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Casshern88 wrote: »
    offical site says you can only bring in a slab of cans OR a bottle of spirits. thats a bit light isnt it. how strict is this?? my usual festival supplies are a bottle of vodka ,2 bottles a b and about 16 cans.never had any issue with amount of booze i was brining in at any other irish fest.

There's a Super Valu nearby and had no problem in bringing more beer in if required later on in the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Probably a stupid question but do day tickets include camping?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

cowlove wrote: »

No, that would make them 2 day tickets if they did .... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Casshern88 wrote: »
    No, that would make them 2 day tickets if they did .... :pac:

Not if the day ticket was for the Sunday ;)

yea same question about camping. Any chance you clould arrive sunday with a tent and get away with it? Its either that, car or don't sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Lekrub wrote: »
    yea same question about camping. Any chance you clould arrive sunday with a tent and get away with it? Its either that, car or don't sleep.

No you wouldn't get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

car, don't sleep or kipping in someone elses tent would probably be better options for one night only.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

The campsite is pretty packed by Friday night. It'd be near impossible to get a place, even if it was allowed. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Unless you're working the next morning, or you've got narcolepsy, you don't really have much excuse to sleep if you're just down for one day.

You wont get into campsite

Unless you're working the next morning, or you've got narcolepsy, you don't really have much excuse to sleep if you're just down for one day.

Your username suits your post pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Any more guesses as to who is the surprise guest, the suspense is killing me... :)

Munstermad wrote: »
    Any more guesses as to who is the surprise guest, the suspense is killing me... :)

I think it means they havent filled the slot yet!!

Munstermad wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

deisedude wrote: »
    Am sure you're right but theres been some educated guesses so was hoping for some more informed guesses...
    Am going anyway....yeaay! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

deisedude wrote: »

No, it doesn't ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

No, it doesn't ;)

Spill it. Shpit out out will ya...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

cowlove wrote: »

Guys you should be able to camp in the same area where the camervans are.

No security pass required here as it's a small field on the left before ticket pass. Fair enough you dont have the shower facilities but there is jacks but they were mank enough.

A few bands did last year and I ended up there on the last night. Good nights sleep though mind!

Advertisement