Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

I've heard that the Coronas are the surprise act... I'd love if it was someone like the 1975 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

I've heard that the Coronas are the surprise act... I'd love if it was someone like the 1975 though!

Ya i think one of the organisers is a manager of coronas or something. Prob don't want it announced as it would affect their ticket sales elsewhere

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

deisedude wrote: »
    Ya i think one of the organisers is a manager of coronas or something. Prob don't want it announced as it would affect their ticket sales elsewhere

That is true

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Guys you should be able to camp in the same area where the camervans are.

No security pass required here as it's a small field on the left before ticket pass. Fair enough you dont have the shower facilities but there is jacks but they were mank enough.

A few bands did last year and I ended up there on the last night. Good nights sleep though mind!

New site layout this year I'm afraid.

Is it going back to how it was a few years ago? It was a better layout then.

• Advertisement

MAXFANTANA wrote: »
    Is it going back to how it was a few years ago? It was a better layout then.

They've rented adjoining fields for parking/camping etc.

Yeah I think I had to park in the gaa pitch car park last year, which was a treck. The year before that everyone just parked along the road which was grand. That'll be a good improvement if parking is closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MachE

Hi, a friend of mine is on the guest list but can't go anymore. She's emailed them but don't think she's heard back yet. Anyone know if she'll be able to change the name on the guest list?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

I know the day breakdown has been released but have the stage times been announced yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Any one recommend any of the smaller acts to check out ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just bought my ticket there. Haven't been able to make it to Indie before, so looking forward to this now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

Must get Flavor Flavs clock necklace. Somehow...

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Any one recommend any of the smaller acts to check out ?

Blaenavon
    We Were Evergreen
    Toy Soldier
    Neon Atlas
    Partisan Crowds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Just found out I was getting tickets to this yesterday, so I'm extremely behind on looking into new artists to get into...! Any suggestions of some atypical genres? Some trip-hop acts? Post/math rock?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Anyone know of buses running to this from Limerick? Just found out that I won't be able to drive to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lcon

It says on Tickets.ie that day tickets for Sunday are not available, were they ever available?

What type of set up is it? I've heard that it's two stages and a dance tent, is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

lcon wrote: »
    It says on Tickets.ie that day tickets for Sunday are not available, were they ever available?

What type of set up is it? I've heard that it's two stages and a dance tent, is that true?

Sunday day tickets are sold out.

The year I was there it was 2 main stages (and other small ones dotted around) and a dance tent.

I'd say it's something like Silent Disco, Comedy tent, DJ tent, Irish tent, sub main/electronic tent and main stage.

Stage times are this evening supposedly so it should all become clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Griffilla

Anyone know if you can bring disposable BBQs into the campsite? Prob a bit optimistic both on being allowed and the weather !

• Advertisement

Im pretty sure every festival ive been to have had a no BBQ rule, too easy for some ejit to set his tent on fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Griffilla

Yep i guess if it's a runner there's a SuperValu nearby anyway!

Got one in last year but just as my burgers were ready a security guard sprayed them with a fire extinguisher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Got one in last year but just as my burgers were ready a security guard sprayed them with a fire extinguisher

Does anyone know where the security for this come from? They're never Irish afaik and they have this air about them that they've the power of the special service or something

Specialized Security have been used for most festivals and outdoor gigs that I've seen run by MCD and FR over the past couple of years, so if I'm not mistaken, it's probably them. Scottish company I think.

I find that they do really take their job seriously, and I definitely feel safer with them around then I did at previous festivals. They're a bit of craic if you're not out of your mind/acting the prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

MattD wrote: »
    Specialized Security have been used for most festivals and outdoor gigs that I've seen run by MCD and FR over the past couple of years, so if I'm not mistaken, it's probably them. Scottish company I think.

I find that they do really take their job seriously, and I definitely feel safer with them around then I did at previous festivals. They're a bit of craic if you're not out of your mind/acting the prick.

Ah no granted they do their job well but I have to laugh at them, seen them running their hands through peoples hair looking for 'contraband' before..
    the f*ck lads, ye think this is a prison or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

PMSL... was gonna chance it.. won't now. Thanks for the laugh though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

Lads what's the story with drink for indie?
    If I stroll along with my slab and a litir of vodka... I'll be ok? Please say I'll be ok haha

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

What's the story with the supposed "special guest" on the Saturday? Also I heard there was buses from Cork going directly to Indie, anyone have info on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

Le_Dooner wrote: »
    What's the story with the supposed "special guest" on the Saturday? Also I heard there was buses from Cork going directly to Indie, anyone have info on this?

Look at how similar our posts are :D haha

Advertisement