Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Does anyone know where the security for this come from? They're never Irish afaik and they have this air about them that they've the power of the special service or something

AFAIK you're wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

AFAIK you're wrong.

well alright fair enough but just from my own experience. I was wondering where they were hired in from.

well alright fair enough but just from my own experience. I was wondering where they were hired in from.

Your own experience of indiependence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Your own experience of indiependence?

Yes?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

10496164_10152272744516545_967749214553510916_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Hozier had been previously announced, the special guest is still there around half 6 on Saturday in the Big Top...?

Yes?

Their security is a Cork firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

What do people make of the Drink allowances, web site says your allowed only one bottle a spirits or a slab a cans, I can hardly imagine them enforcing this, what about people who dont like drinking cans? My gf doesnt drink cans or spirts only wine, so does that mean she can only enter with one bottle a wine for the weekend?? I know theres a supervalue nearby but if im in the middle of the festival experience i dont want to have to leave and go back to reality to get more drink! i recon ill risk it, have a bottle a spirits in with my tent or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

So many clashes of bands i want to see on Friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Casshern88 wrote: »
    What do people make of the Drink allowances, web site says your allowed only one bottle a spirits or a slab a cans, I can hardly imagine them enforcing this, what about people who dont like drinking cans? My gf doesnt drink cans or spirts only wine, so does that mean she can only enter with one bottle a wine for the weekend?? I know theres a supervalue nearby but if im in the middle of the festival experience i dont want to have to leave and go back to reality to get more drink! i recon ill risk it, have a bottle a spirits in with my tent or something!

I'd imagine like other festivals that have that disclaimer on their site, it won't be enforced. I heard that was the case with body and soul anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Ah no granted they do their job well but I have to laugh at them, seen them running their hands through peoples hair looking for 'contraband' before..
    the f*ck lads, ye think this is a prison or something?

this happened at indiependence?

Personally I think if someone can hide a naggin in their hair they should be allowed keep it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

If I were to order tickets now, do you think they'd get delivered before Friday? I'm in Dublin.

Ideally, a collection point would be easier but I can't find details of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

sebcity wrote: »
    If I were to order tickets now, do you think they'd get delivered before Friday? I'm in Dublin.

Ideally, a collection point would be easier but I can't find details of one.

If you order it now it will probably arrive in the post tomorrow. If it's not going to arrive on time they surely won't be selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Mine arrived the next day, I'm sure.

Cool, thanks.
    I emailed them and they got straight back saying that there a is a box office that will supply tickets if time is too short to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I created a free Android timetable app for this festival. You can use this to create an itinerary and set reminders etc ..

Thankfully someone created a clashfinder from the timetable released last night and I can use that data to make this app.

Theres no need for network connectivity on site once you have loaded the data before you go.

I can't post links but it here it is
    playDOTgoogleDOTcom/store/search?q=indiependence%202014&c=apps
    (change DOT for .)

If someone could post that as a usable link that would help somewhat :)

...or if you search the Android play store for "Indiependence 2014" it should be the top hit.

I don't do iPhone apps .. so please don't ask :)

I created a free Android timetable app for this festival. You can use this to create an itinerary and set reminders etc ..

Thankfully someone created a clashfinder from the timetable released last night and I can use that data to make this app.

Theres no need for network connectivity on site once you have loaded the data before you go.

I can't post links but it here it is
    playDOTgoogleDOTcom/store/search?q=indiependence%202014&c=apps
    (change DOT for .)

If someone could post that as a usable link that would help somewhat :)

...or if you search the Android play store for "Indiependence 2014" it should be the top hit.

I don't do iPhone apps .. so please don't ask :)

Nice!

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.indiependence

That is class man! Will be looking out for the EP one too! :D

MattD wrote: »
    That is class man! Will be looking out for the EP one too! :D

will certainly do my best .. almost 1,000 people used my app at EP last year. I was shocked sitting outside on Sunday when I looked on the play store and saw the number of downloads. Shocked and proud… Its a fair bit better this year as I have been tweaking it a fair bit over the year.

• Advertisement

This looks ideal anyway, cheers for the effort. No network needed is a big plus.

I suppose thered be no problem leaving booze in the car and going out to get it on the saturdayor sunday day

I suppose thered be no problem leaving booze in the car and going out to get it on the saturdayor sunday day

Think the only issue with drink on site is bringing it into where the music is on. Shouldn't be a problem lugging drink to the tent/campsite.

Is there an Indiependance 2014 playlist on spotify?

There are a number of bars with a huge product range on site but if you are bringing some alcohol with you, here’s what you need to know.

You cannot bring any alcohol into the main arena, it’s a licensed premises, you don’t bring a 6 pack to your local pub!
    You may bring a sensible amount of alcohol into the campsite (NO GLASS), by sensible, we mean one slab of beer or cider (24 cans) and one litre of spirits. If security deem at search that you have too much, they will ask you to dump it or return it to your car. Trust us, you will enjoy the weekend more if you drink a little less!

it seems quite loose …. although I wouldn't compare a festival with a pub myself. Having said that..
    Drinks – Molson Canadian, Bacardi, Kopparberg, Rebel Red, Shandon Stout, Blue Moon, Friar Weiss and Chieftan IPA. Please please please drink lots of water also!

nothing for us regular lager drinkers who don't think North American lager is a proper beer :(

it seems quite loose …. although I wouldn't compare a festival with a pub myself. Having said that..

nothing for us regular lager drinkers who don't think North American lager is a proper beer :(
    I couldn't make it last year but if its anything like 2012 there should be no issue with going back and forth to the car for supplies (booze). Even the allowance of a slab per person is not exactly enforced. Very laid back and forgiving security firm as long as you're not an out of control tosser. Also, I highly reccomend the rebel red if you're buying drink on site ;)

What are security like for people smoking around tents/campsite. Be it cigarettes, or weed, does anyone know?

I looked and couldn't find one

Yep, good one here

http://open.spotify.com/user/br1anc89/playlist/4u0uAf3whXzU1a8oKSdi2u

• Advertisement

Searched on YouTube and found that someone had created one as well. Listened away while at work

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLw7d7ghFoIti4qslPEWSdWxNHmhSJ7TgG

If whomever created it is also on boards, thanks! :D

Advertisement