Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Hi Guys,

any one heading to the festival solo? I won tickets for the weekend but none of my mates are able to go so looks like its flying solo for me.

Knex. wrote: »
    What are security like for people smoking around tents/campsite. Be it cigarettes, or weed, does anyone know?

Your an adult you can do what you like as long as your not being a nuisance to others. Security won't care about weed. Blatantly doing othe drugs in front of them is not advisable. Put the weed away if the guards come over though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭hughie1989

this is a long shot but I'm looking for 2 weekend camping tickets? anyone selling any? please and thanks!

For any one who has been before I was wondering

1) are you allowed leave / go freely? In to town and back for what ever.

2) is it allowed to bring drink in from town during the weekend? e.g. if I use up cans I bring in with me Friday can I go in to town and bring some in Saturday.

For any one who has been before I was wondering

1) are you allowed leave / go freely? In to town and back for what ever.

2) is it allowed to bring drink in from town during the weekend? e.g. if I use up cans I bring in with me Friday can I go in to town and bring some in Saturday.

From my own experience 2 years ago, yes to both questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Any speculation or info on who might be the Special Guest? Or who's replacing Chloe Howl for that matter?!

RSAG has tweeted about gig announcements today, so I'm suddenly thinking its him for one of them anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

MattD wrote: »
    Any speculation or info on who might be the Special Guest? Or who's replacing Chloe Howl for that matter?!

RSAG has tweeted about gig announcements today, so I'm suddenly thinking its him for one of them anyway...

I heard the Coronas may be making a sneaky appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Anyone know from previous years if there are daily buses going from the site to and from Cork City? A friend is heading down just for the Friday and doesn't want to be stuck there come Saturday afternoon.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MattD wrote: »

There are 4 TBAs on the timetable … Wonder when we will find out whats in those slots? I guess one could be RSAG .. probably Saturday 20.45 Big Top if it is him. The other vacant slots are all first spots of the day.

Usually Special Guests (note plural) is announced on the day… I have no idea who that could be. Often these turn out to be not so "special" in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

sebcity wrote: »
    I heard the Coronas may be making a sneaky appearance

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Source?

Their manager is the fella who runs Indie. Speculation, but hey, doesn't seem too far fetched to me.

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Source?

My SO's mate knows someone.....or something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Hey guys,

We are beta launching our festival experience sharing app this weekend at Indiependence.

Just download the app and get to see the concert through other peoples eyes.

Spot one of our reps this weekend and we can explain more in person, plenty of prizes over the weekend too for best photo and most likes etc.

Check it out at www.closr.com or check out a news paper profile that came out today
    http://corkindependent.com/20140703/business/get-closr-to-people-with-cork-startups-app-S88049.html

Any q's gimme a shout :)

Coronas have confirmed. 6.15 on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

They've pushed the boat out with that one alright

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭socco

If i met a bird at a gig and things went well could I bring her back to my tent in the vip section if she only had a normal camping band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Depends on the size of the bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

Anyone know if you are allowed to bring razors and aerosol cans in with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Le_Dooner wrote: »

Yeah, into the camping part anyway. Be surprised if you end up bothering with the former though!

Hi I assume its OK to bring in bottles of water / food in as well? (Hope so as prices would be expensive to buy that stuff there!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Really excited about the Dance tent line up, sucking down on a few Blue Moons!

hi folks

I might* have a spare vip weekend camping ticket.

I say might as I've already offered to give it to someone on here but that was earlier today at 4pm and they've still not come back to me. I've left them 2 messages and my phone number but if they don't come back to me early tomorrow I'd rather see the ticket get used than go to waste.

Ticket cost me nothing so I'm giving it away for zip though if you see me over the weekend and want to offer a beer can I won't say no :P If any one is interested they can drop me a mail and if the other person doesn't come back to me its yours.

I'll be down in Mitchlestown early in the morning so can hand over ticket there.

Show time!

Show time!

Save me a space for my tent. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Le_Dooner wrote: »
    You know how I know you haven't been to a music festival before?

Hope you have a blast anyway. Stubbly and all though you'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Was at this last night and heading again this evening.

Really nice set up last night, Walking on Cars and Tom Odell were both on top form and had the crowd going the whole way through.

Also caught the last 20 minutes of Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip. Really good vibe in the tent, although tent was only 50-60% full. Major queues for the Silent Disco when I was leaving around 1.30am.

Some decent drink options also, the beer hall in a real treat. 5 quid a pint and you pay 2 quid for your cup which is exchanged each time you get a fresh pint. security was present around the site but not in your face. Wide range of ages in attendance last night.

Heading along around 5pm this evening so will update tomorrow!!

Very young crowd this year. Well behaved though. Can't keep up with them anymore. Getting old :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Fun Lovin Criminals have cancelled their performance, been replaced by Frank and Walters.

Corholio wrote: »
    Fun Lovin Criminals have cancelled their performance, been replaced by Frank and Walters.

Ah fcuk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im kinda delighted they pulled out since they were one of the bands i wanted to go see at INDIE :P:P

Advertisement