Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rats

• 05-03-2014 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is right place or not.

But we have a problem with a dead rat under the floorboards somewhere.
    Any advice on how long the smell will last for or anything that can be done.
    Taking up the floorboards is not really an option as it would mean taking up all the tiles and it would be a huge and expensive job.
    Any advice would be great. Ive had a pest control company in who were not very good to be honest. Ive managed to block up where i think they got in. But the smell has been around for a week or so now and its not too pleasant!!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Big Vern wrote: »

Taking up the floorboards is not really an option as it would mean taking up all the tiles and it would be a huge and expensive job.
    Any advice would be great. Ive had a pest control company in who were not very good to be honest. Ive managed to block up where i think they got in. But the smell has been around for a week or so now and its not too pleasant!!
    Thanks.

Anyone any advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

Anyone any advice??

Found this if its any help....not good news like
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/disaster/msg0617072619261.html?32

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭eggox

Anyone any advice??

The smell will be around for two to three weeks before it starts to go away . Did you get rid of all the rats there might be more than one

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭acermaple

We had this problem as well but just with a mouse, and the smell lasted about 2 weeks but I'd imagine a rat will be longer unfortunately, we did try to put lots of airfreshner and incense sticks in the area where the smell was worst but tbh while it did help a bit it only masked the smell, all I can say is it WILL go away eventually:eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 PanBrian

Thanks.

OMG, I would evacuate if I though there were rats in my house...aaaaaagh!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Cheers guys. Smell isnt too bad with windows open but can't really do that this time of year. Smell gets worse when house is warmer with heating on...cant win!! Think I have got all rats, putting down traps this time no more poison.

Anyone heard of ona odour control blocks?? I read about them supposed to be good.

Advertisement