Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reregistering an irish van as camper-gas cooker question

Options
  • 05-03-2014 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi Folks, I have a small nissan vanette that I bought about 4 years ago, I now want to register it as a camper van.

The biggest current issue is the small two burner gas cooker, it currently is bolted to a unit that slides away under the sink, I know it has to be fixed. I can fix the whole unit in the open position.
    Do I need to do anything else? It does not have a metal surround, and the gas bottle is attached with a rubber hose and sits on a shelf underneath. Will I have to get that all bolted down too and the rubber hose replaced with a metal one?

I have been quoted 98e to sign the revenue form (visual inspection only, seems very expensive!) is this reasonable?

This van is v small, just two seats in the front and the entire back folds down into a bed (some fixed storage) both Dolmen and stewart insurance still require the 1.8m and so won't insure, any alternatives?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

astarte wrote: »
    Hi Folks, I have a small nissan vanette that I bought about 4 years ago, I now want to register it as a camper van.

The biggest current issue is the small two burner gas cooker, it currently is bolted to a unit that slides away under the sink, I know it has to be fixed. I can fix the whole unit in the open position.
    Do I need to do anything else? It does not have a metal surround, and the gas bottle is attached with a rubber hose and sits on a shelf underneath. Will I have to get that all bolted down too and the rubber hose replaced with a metal one?

I have been quoted 98e to sign the revenue form (visual inspection only, seems very expensive!) is this reasonable?

This van is v small, just two seats in the front and the entire back folds down into a bed (some fixed storage) both Dolmen and stewart insurance still require the 1.8m and so won't insure, any alternatives?

Club is one alternative and they won't want it unless it looks like a proper camper but you can force your current insurer to insure you via the insurance federation but don't expect a group scheme type quote : http://insuranceireland.eu/

Advertisement