Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ledley King is coming to Ireland!

Options
  • 05-03-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Ledley King is coming to Ireland! This month the Athlone Spurs will become Tottenham Hotspur's 100th Official Supporters Club!

To celebrate this they would like to invite all our fellow Irish Supporters Club to join us for a special afternoon at Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone on Sunday 30 March.

The fun starts at 2pm where Spurs Legend and Club Ambassador Ledley King will be doing a Q&A and be telling us his thoughts on the season. This will be followed with a screening of our away match against Liverpool, kick off 4pm.

Tickets for our event are 10 Euros per adult and 5 Euros per child with all proceeds going to the Children's Brainwave programme.

To book you club places please download this booking form here: http://goo.gl/1AJUSs, fill it out and send it to supporters.clubs@tottenhamhotspur.com or fax +44 (0)844 477 7442.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It'll be reminiscent of the pope visiting Ireland. But grander.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Might go to this - make a night of it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It's a two and a half hour drive each way but I'd still be tempted to drive up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Will try to make this meself. Lived in Athlone donkeys years ago so I might know some of the Athlone Yids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

I'm in Roscommon so it'd be an easy one for me, if only the missus wasn't ready to pop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

There's a couple of us planning to come up from Kerry to make a night of it as well :)

I'm in Roscommon so it'd be an easy one for me, if only the missus wasn't ready to pop

Jaysus you'l have to tell her to cop herself on. She will have to hold on for an extra week or two.

I blame Gareth bale, he missed a game last season when his missus was dropping. Set a bad example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

If I was home I'd definitely be going with my dad.. Jealous :(

irishmover wrote: »
    If I was home I'd definitely be going with my dad.. Jealous :(

Ya but you are in sunny Australia making millions while we are in cold blusterly Ireland. Everybody starving.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Ya but you are in sunny Australia making millions while we are in cold blusterly Ireland. Everybody starving.

It's not all land of milk and honey!

Waking up at 03:25am Sunday morning to watch the Chelsea game isn't something I like doing.... It gets old quite fast I might add.. Then missing games due to work aswell doesn't help.

Edit: Also I did leave my job just before Christmas to take a break as was a testing couple of years (wont get into it). Needed the time to sort my Permanent Residency anyway. So I've turned down a couple of jobs since returning to Australia 4 weeks ago and in talks for a move to Perth in May with 3 weeks training in Munich, Germany.

Jobs aren't as easy to come by compared to two years ago so it's not all as rosy as people may think. I would like to move to Perth though. The change in timezone would allow me to watch Spurs matches at a more appropriate time, among other reasons of moving to Perth (The job sounds freaking great).

All in all I definitely wouldn't want to falsely portray life over here as fantastic as people may say it is in your local!

Anyway.. Off Topic...

Jealous of you all seeing Ledley waahhayaayyyy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Would defo have made the trip to see King Ledley but I'll be at Anfield that day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Whats the Athlone lads club www or bookface?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

Could be a few of us from Dungarvan making our way to this one hopefully

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Would defo have made the trip to see King Ledley but I'll be at Anfield that day :D

I fear for you mate - has the makings of a real drubbing there

I fear for you mate - has the makings of a real drubbing there
    You could be right but sure ye gotta support them in the tough times aswell as the sunny days mate as you know

You could be right but sure ye gotta support them in the tough times aswell as the sunny days mate as you know

Indeed you do mate, hope they give you a trip to remember for the right reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

So who is heading to Athlone on Sunday? I will be there, should be a good day.

Don't forget to add all your pics of the day here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Don't forget to add all your pics of the day here ;)

Will do mate, did you get sorted for Liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

140 tickets sold so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Any Admins of the Athlone Supporters Club here??

Was trying to find a website or facebook page with details of the Supporters Club??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Athlone Yid

Hi all

I am organising the day. Its a ticket only event. If anyone needs tickets, e-mail athlonespurs@gmail.com or call 0868527313. Only 50 tickets left COYS

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Will do mate, did you get sorted for Liverpool?

Fingers crossed, waiting on it on the post from london, will let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

Hi Athlone yid.. Will there be tickets on sale on the day??
    Not to give myself away here but i collected mine off ya at your house on Sunday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Athlone Yid

We have a room limit of 200 and I have sold 165 tickets to date. Its preferable to have a ticket booked for it

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Is there any tickets available for this?I have something on tomorrow but I am doing my best to get out of it!!

Is there any tickets available for this?I have something on tomorrow but I am doing my best to get out of it!!

I bet it's yours wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

irishmover wrote: »
    I bet it's yours wedding?
    No it's her funeral!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

LedleyKing-Athlone2014--10.jpg

Photos on my Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/eire.tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Great photos and Ledley seemed in good form. Did he stick around for the Liverpool match??? What where his thoughts of the performance???

Advertisement