Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question relating to Electrician Canada

Options
  • 05-03-2014 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Question for anyone in the know as I have had conflicting reports with regards to getting an LMO under Industrial Electrician in Canada.

Do you, or do you not, need a provincial or Red Seal qualification prior to commencement of work?

I ask because I am applying for jobs (from Ireland) all over Canada and was under the impression you would be able to work, at a reduced pay rate?, until you attain a provincial equivilent or Red Seal qualification. I have since been told that this is both true and false.

Anyone know the definitive answer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Leitrim Lady

Hi,
    Sorry but I can't be 100% certain but my partner just started out there and had to get his qualifications and hours sent through to get his trade recognition.He will have to do the Red Seal exam(not sure if that's how u phrase it!) but is out there as a qualified electrician.There are a few of them working together and there does be apprentices working with them too.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

You don't need your Red Seal to to start a job. But you will need to pass the exam within one year of landing in Canada.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 39 leechris007

This is the same with Air conditioning and refrigeration.Before I done this trade people were saying its the best trade out there and you can travel the world ,bull****.everyone has a different electrical system and different gas regulations :( Anybody know any AC jobs in Canada ? that will take an irish lad on.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

I am a plumber,is it not ture that in alberta you dont have to do the red seal exam as their code of practice has changed to the same as europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 leechris007

I was thinking of going to Nova scotia ,this site was useful for me. http://nsapprenticeship.ca/working_in_NS/NS_CQ.asp

• Advertisement
Advertisement