Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs in cork

Options
  • 05-03-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

is there many places advertising jobs in cork at the moment that would suit a student?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Have a look at the stickied topic.
    And this other stickied topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭mengele

Have a look at the stickied topic.
    And this other stickied topic.

there isn't many updates on them lately. this tread is just handy to see did anybody see notices up on windows in cork in the last few days or even know anybody/companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

isn't an awfull lot out there just keep on eye on jobs.ie, cork jobs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

If you're a college student, employers often put openings on the careers service page; but you've to be registered to see them.

Other than that, it's more a case of who you know rather than what you know :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

The absolute majority of jobs that suit students and such now go to friends of people already in a place. You won't find too many places hiring from a sign on the window. Your best bet is to go into bars and restaurants that have a high turnover of staff and see if they'll give you a shot. They may not be the best to work for, but having a job makes it easier to get a job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 abeilles

Hi, Maybe i'm in the wrong forum,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any jobs that will be opening up for the summer?
    I'm a masters student and so I will be living in Cork for the summer and need to find work!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭brevity

If you are able for the type of work (customer support, sales etc), there are a lot of call centres in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

abeilles wrote: »
    Hi, Maybe i'm in the wrong forum,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any jobs that will be opening up for the summer?
    I'm a masters student and so I will be living in Cork for the summer and need to find work!

I imagine there will be people taken on for the likes of the Live at the Marquee concerts,the Irish Open golf tournament.

Hotels should be recruiting as they will all be busier,restaurants etc.Id say the likes the Clarion hotel amongst others would be busy with the Marquee crowd staying there.

thanks, I will look into it! Seems to me at the moment all of the job postings are for fas internships!! Makes me wonder why I bothered going back to college to do my masters!!

I defo think there is something up with jobs. I see the airport hotel and the maldron are looking for people again and I have sent my cvs in there several times for jobs and heard nothing back from them. Saw one on jobs.ie today which might suit a student it was too help with exchange student part time until June or July where there is 6weeks straight.. might be worth a go

• Advertisement

I imagine there will be people taken on for the likes of the Live at the Marquee concerts,the Irish Open golf tournament.

Hotels should be recruiting as they will all be busier,restaurants etc.Id say the likes the Clarion hotel amongst others would be busy with the Marquee crowd staying there.

Do you know who you go through for the marquee, would love something like that but don't know who to go to..

I cant find anything on the Aiken promotions website but I think i'll email them with my CV,(maybe you should do the same) I worked at oxegen before but that was through a friend of a friend who was working there too!

Culio shall do!! best of luck with it

Advertisement