Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUBLIN INK TATTOOING?

Options
  • 05-03-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hey all... So I've booked my tattoo in with dublin ink and I'm wondering what people think of the place. I've had all my percings done there and I like it. But it haven't heard a lot on the tattoos, like I went in had a quick chat about what I wanted booked in, took a deposit and then told to email the design to the artist. I no they charge per hour, but I haven't even really been giving an estimation on price or anything. Has any one ever been to these guys before? Tried emailing them but didn't get me any where further.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Their work is fine. Overpriced for what it is, in myoopinion, but you'll get a good tattoo from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Shauna.xxx

Thank you for the reply :) x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 shanewalsh121

The charge by hour can cost ya .... dragon tattoos on talbot street are a good spot they give you your price straight away.

The charge by hour can cost ya .... dragon tattoos on talbot street are a good spot they give you your price straight away.

Cheers. Just got told an estimate for half a sleeve for 650-880 is that good or bad? Seems expensive enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Shauna.xxx wrote: »
    Cheers. Just got told an estimate for half a sleeve for 650-880 is that good or bad? Seems expensive enough?

It depends entirely on the level of detail in the work tbh.

For a half sleeve, it's about average, maybe a little over, depending on the design.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks guys been great help :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Depends entirely on the level of detail you're getting tbh. I'm guessing they told you it'll be about 6-8 hours of work, so that sounds about right to be fair.

P_1 wrote: »
    Depends entirely on the level of detail you're getting tbh. I'm guessing they told you it'll be about 6-8 hours of work, so that sounds about right to be fair.

It wouldn't be extremely detailed no colour or anything. But happy to no it would be average and not getting ripped of or anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I've my upper arm done on both sides, it's unfinished, and the cost was a lot more than what you quoted. It completely depends on what you get and who you go to and most importantly what size you are.

Dermighty wrote: »
    I've my upper arm done on both sides, it's unfinished, and the cost was a lot more than what you quoted. It completely depends on what you get and who you go to and most importantly what size you are.

I'm quite small, like my arm with is only 10in... It probably is what u pay I was just curious. Where did u go and how much? If you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

I spent €1350 on a half sleeve, 3 (full day) sessions @ €450 a go. If you're happy with their work, I wouldn't worry that you are getting ripped off. You'll be getting your moneys worth out of it :D

450 for the full day? Was it? Have you any pic's sounds awesome!..must be very detailed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

What exactly is it your planning on getting? To be honest that sounds fairly cheap I have an on going half sleeve chest piece that has so far set me back 1250 with at least two to three more sittings to go.
    450 for the full day? Was it? Have you any pic's sounds awesome!..must be very detailed

Be waiting a long time Ive been waiting ages to see the finished product, get the finger out ChunLi :p.

It's two skulls representing birth and death and a pocket watch in between them, I'm probably explaining it really bad, it's a realistic type of style, when u see the design it looks good... It's 110 an hour. And he said it will take between 6-8 hours to do.

Be waiting a long time Ive been waiting ages to see the finished product, get the finger out ChunLi :p.

Make sure u get pictures up when it's complete :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

I will yeh....EVENTUALLY :D

It's two skulls representing birth and death and a pocket watch in between them, I'm probably explaining it really bad, it's a realistic type of style, when u see the design it looks good... It's 110 an hour. And he said it will take between 6-8 hours to do.

Nice I've always like the skull, pocket watch combo. Who are they putting forward to do it? Black and grey or you working some colour into it? With a piece of that nature I'd imagine it would be very detailed, so either you the smallest arms ever, there under quoting it or the artist is very quick.
    Chun Li wrote: »
    I will yeh....EVENTUALLY :D

Yea yea sure ya will and pigs will fly tomorrow :p.

Nice I've always like the skull, pocket watch combo. Who are they putting forward to do it? Black and grey or you working some colour into it? With a piece of that nature I'd imagine it would be very detailed, so either you the smallest arms ever, there under quoting it or the artist is very quick.

I'm going keep it black and grey for the minute as I can't decide weather I want colour yet...
    That skull design would be very similar. And the pocket watch is my grandads.. He's estimating it will take him between 6-8 hours... With under quoting would they charge u more on the day then ?

I'm going keep it black and grey for the minute as I can't decide weather I want colour yet...
    That skull design would be very similar. And the pocket watch is my grandads.. He's estimating it will take him between 6-8 hours... With under quoting would they charge u more on the day then ?

Black and grey is quicker than colour work, but given you want two skulls and a pocket watch that's a lot. Again all depends on size of arm, detail, artists speed none of here can know for sure to be honest.

It's never an exact science it's start and see how it goes really.

Did you request an artist or did they tell you which artist they suggested for the piece?

Black and grey is quicker than colour work, but given you want two skulls and a pocket watch that's a lot. Again all depends on size of arm, detail, artists speed none of here can know for sure to be honest.

It's never an exact science it's start and see how it goes really.

Did you request an artist or did they tell you which artist they suggested for the piece?

They suggested the artist, I'm a little unsure just because I haven't met the artist fact to face or anything.

• Advertisement

They suggested the artist, I'm a little unsure just because I haven't met the artist fact to face or anything.

Well one thing I would 100% do is find out the artist they are suggesting and have a look at the portfolio to see if you like what you see if not move on. Never get a tattoo purely based of a suggestion always always check portfolios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

This is, obviously, all subjective:

The most important thing is to get the best artist you can get.

The importance of the design, cost and length of time you wait to get the tattoo done are irrelevant by comparison.

Not everyone likes the work I've had done, but everyone can agree it's very good quality. Ignoring peoples opinions, I know myself that no matter how my opinion of the work changes it is as good a job as can be done with tattoos as far as I'm concerned. When I want a different style I'll go to the best artist for that style.

Well one thing I would 100% do is find out the artist they are suggesting and have a look at the portfolio to see if you like what you see if not move on. Never get a tattoo purely based of a suggestion always always check portfolios.

I can't actually find a website. I can find there Facebook page, be but no albums either. I've got all my percings there and it was no problem. It's my first tattoo so I'm a little unsure about it. I don't no it doesn't seem professional. I thought I would of been sat down and they would chat to me about it prices and how many sessions it would be and what if feel comfortable with. But it was lot like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I can't actually find a website. I can find there Facebook page, be but no albums either. I've got all my percings there and it was no problem. It's my first tattoo so I'm a little unsure about it. I don't no it doesn't seem professional. I thought I would of been sat down and they would chat to me about it prices and how many sessions it would be and what if feel comfortable with. But it was lot like that.

Their Facebook page is here: www.facebook.com/dublininktattoo

Which artist did they suggest?

Hang on sorry so you went in with a piece and wanted to suss it out, and the receptionist told you it would be X amount and that was it? Is that right? No chat with the artist, no mention of an artist they would suggest to do it?

She doesn't know Damo jasus read the thread will ya :P:pac:.

I have the Facebook. I wouldn't want to say which artist it is on this just incase they think I'm bad mouthing them or anything. Pm me if you like

I have the Facebook. I wouldn't want to say which artist it is on this just incase they think I'm bad mouthing them or anything. Pm me if you like

Sorry, thought it said you can't find the facebook...

Methinks I need more sleep...

Wait what so you do know which artist it is? Sorry Damo I take it back that what I get for being smart :o:pac: either I need more sleep as well or this is getting confusing.

You can name the artist, don't be worrying about that bad or good but sure nothing bad has been said.

Sorry I must be confusing you lads!...
    I went in, I asked if anyone can do consultation, and they suggested the artist Daniel flower, booked me in, took a deposit and told me to email him with my piece. No price was mentioned they said it's 110 an hour so is how many hours he spends on it. So I had to email the design to the artist and ask him on a price Ect. I haven't actually met him face to face... Does that clear things up ? :)

• Advertisement

If you look down their Facebook page you can see the pics that they put up, clearly stating which artist did which piece.
    Here's a sample one by Daniel:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152200926996668&set=a.236584561667.136938.192781146667&type=1&relevant_count=1

[edit]
    Actually, they do have albums of the artists, you must have missed them. Here's Daniel's.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152107849816668.1073741880.192781146667&type=3

Advertisement