Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUBLIN INK TATTOOING?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Shauna.xxx wrote: »
    Sorry I must be confusing you lads!...
    I went in, I asked if anyone can do consultation, and they suggested the artist Daniel flower, booked me in, took a deposit and told me to email him with my piece. No price was mentioned they said it's 110 an hour so is how many hours he spends on it. So I had to email the design to the artist and ask him on a price Ect. I haven't actually met him face to face... Does that clear things up ? :)

Have to say that strikes me as sharp practice from Dublin Ink. They really should've given you a timeframe and had the artist have a quick chat with you for a few minutes before they asked to see the colour of your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P_1 wrote: »
    Have to say that strikes me as sharp practice from Dublin Ink. They really should've given you a timeframe and had the artist have a quick chat with you for a few minutes before they asked to see the colour of your money.

Yea that's the first thing I thought as well a bit much asking for a deposit before the design, timeframe, cost has even been discussed between the client and artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Shauna.xxx

That's what I thought would of normally happened. So you see why I'm a little unsure about to spend 900 on a tattoo I emailed the artist and he was nice. Like it's my first one. I hope they don't feel like they could mess me around because it is.

You guys have been great help! Thanks for the links :) x

That's what I thought would of normally happened. So you see why I'm a little unsure about to spend 900 on a tattoo I emailed the artist and he was nice. Like it's my first one. I hope they don't feel like they could mess me around because it is.

You guys have been great help! Thanks for the links :) x

Well if the artist has got back to you via email then it's not too bad I guess. I don't think that Dublin Ink are messing you about just because it's going to be your first tattoo. They have plenty of great artists but sadly in my eyes their customer service levels do tend to let them down slightly.

Well if the artist has got back to you via email then it's not too bad I guess. I don't think that Dublin Ink are messing you about just because it's going to be your first tattoo. They have plenty of great artists but sadly in my eyes their customer service levels do tend to let them down slightly.

That's the thing if I am going to spend 900 on a tattoo I would like if there customer service was a little bit better. I no at the end of the day all I really am is money in there eyes, but I don't want to be made to feel like that.

• Advertisement

That's the thing if I am going to spend 900 on a tattoo I would like if there customer service was a little bit better. I no at the end of the day all I really am is money in there eyes, but I don't want to be made to feel like that.

In all honesty his work is good and will do a good job but if you don't feel comfortable going into it then look elsewhere look at other artists portfolios etc I know you have paid the deposit but the tattoo itself will cost a lot more and be there for life.

I may have been a bit harsh on them. Once the tattooing session starts then they are fantastic, you usually have a lovely friendly atmosphere, a great artist and you tend to walk out with a fantastic tattoo at the end of the day. It's the booking/consultation phase where they have quite a bit to improve on in my eyes.

Really at the end of the day when you buy anything (be it a tattoo, a car, your groceries or whatever) you are money in the eyes of the seller, nothing wrong with that, that's just how business works. DI will give you a great tattoo and seeing as you're past the booking/consultation phase at this stage you'll be looked after.

Enjoy the tattoo and don't forget to pop a few pics up when it's done :)

I may have been a bit harsh on them. Once the tattooing session starts then they are fantastic, you usually have a lovely friendly atmosphere, a great artist and you tend to walk out with a fantastic tattoo at the end of the day. It's the booking/consultation phase where they have quite a bit to improve on in my eyes.

Really at the end of the day when you buy anything (be it a tattoo, a car, your groceries or whatever) you are money in the eyes of the seller, nothing wrong with that, that's just how business works. DI will give you a great tattoo and seeing as you're past the booking/consultation phase at this stage you'll be looked after.

Thanks guys! :D appreciate the help! I might even pop in and ask can I have a chat with him. Il probably feel a little better then :)... Sure will pop some pics up :D x

It's not just the booking consultation phase though were they could improve though, but given the fact the two blokes who originally ran it are no longer involved I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

It's not just the booking consultation phase though were they could improve though, but given the fact the two blokes who originally ran it are no longer involved I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah fair point. Probably unlikely to get anything done there myself but that's mainly down to me having my own preferred artists at this stage rather than a slight on DI

• Advertisement

Yeah fair point. Probably unlikely to get anything done there myself but that's mainly down to me having my own preferred artists at this stage rather than a slight on DI

I wouldnt say I never would they do get in some impressive guest artists and I know they have enquired about Niki Norberg coming over. Id just be more cautious when dealing them over most studios, going into it eyes wide open. Air on the side of caution but they do put out nice work and you will end up with a nice tattoo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 shanewalsh121

I got my half sleeve for only €350 and its extreamly detailed but i knew the guy that done it for me but still i think 900 for ur half sleeve may be abit over priced

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I got my half sleeve for only €350 and its extreamly detailed but i knew the guy that done it for me but still i think 900 for ur half sleeve may be abit over priced

No, it's not.

Anything is overpriced once you compare it to mates rates in fairness, however DI are sometimes guilty of putting a premium on their image.

How many hours did that €350 half sleeve take to complete?

Anything is overpriced once you compare it to mates rates in fairness, however DI are sometimes guilty of putting a premium on their image.

How many hours did that €350 half sleeve take to complete?

Yeah i know but i just think 900 would be over priced but could be wrong.

It came to about 10-11 hours all in after touch ups and all so i got a great deal but then again that was mates rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

It also depends on the studio. If it's the one on Talbot Street you mentioned in a different post, they're cheaper simply because they're not nearly as good as DI

Yeah i know but i just think 900 would be over priced but could be wrong.

It came to about 10-11 hours all in after touch ups and all so i got a great deal but then again that was mates rates.

To be fair if it's €900 for 9 hours work then it's pretty much the going rate (€100 an hour) but some studios might reduce the price for such a long sitting, depends on the studio and the relationship one has with the artist etc, however if we're talking €900 for 5-6 hours work then yes it is overpriced.

€30-35 an hour is a fantastic deal mind.

To be fair if it's €900 for 9 hours work then it's pretty much the going rate (€100 an hour) but some studios might reduce the price for such a long sitting, depends on the studio and the relationship one has with the artist etc, however if we're talking €900 for 5-6 hours work then yes it is overpriced.

€30-35 an hour is a fantastic deal mind.

Stupid phone I can't bold text, but again even at 900 for 5 to 6 hours isn't over priced really depending on the artist if you were to go to Cris Crooks or Remis Cizauskas here in Ireland that is exactly what you would be looking at. But they are on the upper tier costs wise and above average yes.

Stupid phone I can't bold text, but again even at 900 for 5 to 6 hours isn't over priced really depending on the artist if you were to go to Cris Crooks or Remis Cizauskas here in Ireland that is exactly what you would be looking at. But they are on the upper tier costs wise and above average yes.

True, for a session with one of the upper tier artists that wouldn't be ovetpriced but with no slight on the 'regular' artists there is a reason why some artists can charge a higher premium on their work

Yes if the artist is at top tier they would get 900 all day long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Yes if the artist is at top tier they would get 900 all day long

please. there is always a split, equipment costs, time spent with clients not tattooing (designing, consulting etc), taxes, and no shows.

really, I don't know where people get these ideas...

Advertisement