Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone managed to downloa FaceBook's Paper on to their iPhone ?

• 05-03-2014 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

I see Facebook's new "Paper" app is only available in the US, but several web sites give instructions for downloading on to an iPhone here.

Has anyone done this ? any problems returning iTunes to normal ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I've been using it since launch day. No issues returning to the Irish App store as normal after I logged out of my US Apple account.

However, the app was updated yesterday & to keep the app updated you do need to log back in as your US Apple ID.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I've been using it since launch day. No issues returning to the Irish App store as normal after I logged out of my US Apple account.

However, the app was updated yesterday & to keep the app updated you do need to log back in as your US Apple ID.

Interesting. Thanks. Did you lose your credit card details from your irish account ? And did you follow the web instructions or find your own way ? (change country to USA, bypass CC and then back to Irish)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Piliger wrote: »
    Interesting. Thanks. Did you lose your credit card details from your irish account ? And did you follow the web instructions or find your own way ? (change country to USA, bypass CC and then back to Irish)

No, I just set up a new Apple ID using a new email address & the best way is to try and purchase a free app on the US store first and then you can register your account without the need to add credit card details by choosing "None" as payment method. I did it a year ago so can't remember the exact process but definitely start by downloading a free app on the US store & then click register new Apple ID & use a separate email address & make up a random US address. (This also allows you to use iTunes Radio as well).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's my go to way of browsing facebook now. it's really clean and fresh compared to it's bigger brother that has eaten too many pies.

that being said though, it makes my ugly friends stick out more :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Aodhagan wrote: »
    No, I just set up a new Apple ID using a new email address & the best way is to try and purchase a free app on the US store first and then you can register your account without the need to add credit card details by choosing "None" as payment method. I did it a year ago so can't remember the exact process but definitely start by downloading a free app on the US store & then click register new Apple ID & use a separate email address & make up a random US address. (This also allows you to use iTunes Radio as well).

Just remember that other account in future. I had two accounts by mistake a few years back and when I migrated over to a new iPhone I had to use that ID to reinstall some apps that I had bought thought that account without realising it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Here's a blog post I did on it a few weeks ago, hope it helps: Facebook Paper

Advertisement