Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage for wife only?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

But if my wife bought a house for cash (without a mortgage)...would my name have to go on the deeds???

No. If she bought a Mars bar, would you own half of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

endacl wrote: »
    No. If she bought a Mars bar, would you own half of it?
    Just because his name isn't on the deeds doesn't mean he has no legal interest in the house. Up until the 80s it was commonplace for the husband's name only to appear on deeds. The law was changed to grant wives proper legal interest in the family home even in this case. A family home is treated differently under law than a mars bar or other wealth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

So to be clear.. You don't think it's fair that your wife is saddled with your personal debt. But you do think it's OK that the rest of us are stuck with your personal debt?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

So to be clear.. You don't think it's fair that your wife is saddled with your personal debt. But you do think it's OK that the rest of us are stuck with your personal debt?

First of all the banks are cnuts.
    Second of all the banks are cnuts and they will eat you up and spit you out given half a chance...if you let them!!!

When I make decisions regarding what's best financially for my family I certainly don't spend too much time thinging about how it will affect whomitconcerns.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ok.......
    If you're not willing to debate in a logical manner and insist on throwing around the 'c' word for effect- your thread is closed.
    You actually might have gotten good advice, had you been adversarial, and more open to listening to both sides of the argument.
    Its really actually not that hard to remain civil.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement